About the site & my collection

#1EnetirnelPosted 8/25/2011 6:33:35 PM
Alright, so I'm making a topic so it's easier to keep track of everything and update on the status of the site.

Site status - layout completed, only missing the name. Domain name must be registered before I can organize the forums (most likely going to be using vBulletin).

Still taking name suggestions and if you have any requests for specific content (translations or if you want me to rip stuff from the game) or even add another game, then feel free to post it.
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#2Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 7:03:57 PM
My current collection

Demento items

Demento
Demento CapKore
Haunting Ground US
Haunting Ground EU (UK)
Haunting Ground AU
Demento Official Sound Track - Mint
Demento Official Sound Track - opened minus obi
Demento Official Sound Track - opened with obi still
Demento Official Guide
Demento Complete Guide
Haunting Ground BradyGames Guide
Tokyo Game Show 2004 Capcom Special DVD
Killer7 Capcom Secret DVD
Monthly Famitsu - Famitsu x Capcom Special Issue #1 (Sengoku Basara on the cover)
Weekly Famitsu WAVE - Famitsu x Capcom Special Issue #1 (Has Leon on the cover)
Demento Store Poster (original release)
Haunting Ground US Store Poster

Demento collection - Only missing - Pre-order glass, game store cardboard pre-release full retail version (usually given to store managers to test), certain regional releases and the Chinese unofficial guide.

Clock Tower

Clock Tower SNES
Clock Tower - The First Fear - [Limited Edition with slip cover] (with obi)
Clock Tower - For Wonderswan - (has everything)
Clock Tower 2 JP (with obi)
Clock Tower (Clock Tower 2) EU Censored German/Austrian version.
Ascii Demo Disc - US & CA (Canada)
Clock Tower 2 Personal Experience Edition - The Door of the Fear - JP
Clock Tower Ghost Head Dual Horror Experience - Personal Experience Edition
Clock Tower Ghost Head (with obi)
Clock Tower For Windows 95 (Ultra-2000 version)
Clock Tower Clue Book
Clock Tower 2 Drama Album (with obi)
Clock Tower Ghost Head Drama Album (with obi)
Clock Tower 3 Official Soundtrack (with obi)
Clock Tower 3 JP
Clock Tower 3 US
Clock Tower 3 EU (wasn't released with an AU specific version unlike HG)
Clock Tower: Method To Capture Victory
Clock Tower -The First Fear-: Perfect Guide
Clock Tower ~The First Fear~: Capture Guide Book
PlayStation™ Winning Method Special: Clock Tower -The First Fear-
Clock Tower-The First Fear-: Method To Capture Victory
Clock Tower 2: Official Guide Book
Clock Tower 2: Method To Capture Victory
Clock Tower Ghost Head: Official Guide Book
Clock Tower Ghost Head: Method To Capture Victory
Clock Tower 3: Official Guidebook
Clock Tower 3: BradyGames Official Strategy Guide
When The Game God Swoops Down - The designs of "Onimusha 2" & "Clock Tower 3"
Clock Tower 3 ~Omens~ Drama CD
Clock Tower 3 ~Awakenings~ Drama CD
Clock Tower 3 Store Poster JP
Clock Tower 2 Adventure Novel - Jennifer's Part
Clock Tower 2 Adventure Novel - Helen's Part
PlayStation Survival Guide Vol.3
Gamest Comics 151 - Nightmare Syndrome - Horror Video Game Comic Anthology)
Fight! By Studio Loud in School
The Making of Clock Tower 3 with Kinji Fukusaku (director of the game, known for Battle Royale).

Clock Tower collection - Needs a couple more guide books, I've got people in Japan looking for the two issues of Monthly GFantasy (GanGan Fantasy owned by Enix, now Square-Enix after the merger) from 1998 for the rare Clock Tower Ghost Head manga which hasn't been translated and published online which is something I hope to do.
---
#3Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 7:16:15 PM
Other Collections

Twilight Syndrome: Omen ~ Search
Twilight Syndrome: Investigations
Moonlight Syndrome
Twilight Syndrome: Special
Twilight Syndrome Resume/Reunion (with obi)
Twilight Syndrome Resume/Reunion Standard Guide
Twilight Syndrome Resume/Reunion Complete Guide
Twilight Syndrome Resume/Reunion Drama DVD (Promotional DVD)
Mizzurna Falls
Mizzurna Falls Official Guide
Drag-on Dragoon JP First release
Drag-on Dragoon JP Second release
Drag-on Dragoon 2 JP
Drakengard EU
Drakengard 2 EU
Drakengard 2 pre-release full version (came from a event, I had it for over an entire year before the game came out in ANY region).
Drag-on Dragoon Novels
Drag-on Dragoon Standard Guide Books
Drag-on Dragoon Promotional DVDs
Drag-on Dragoon Store Posters
Drag-on Dragoon 2 Original Soundtrack
NieR Gestalt (just NieR outside of Japan) PS3
NieR RepliCant PS3
Grimoire NieR Guide/Art Book
NieR Gestalt & NieR RepliCant Official Soundtrack
NieR Gestalt & NieR RepliCant Nightmare Arrange Album
Pre-order on NieR Gestalt & RepliCant Tribute Album - Echo -
NieR Gestalt Pre-order bonus mini album
NieR RepliCant Pre-order bonus mini album
Garasu no Bara JP
Garasu no Bara Official Guide Book
Glass Rose EU (there is no US release)
Shadow of Memories JP PS2
Shadow of Memories Standard Guide Book
Shadow of Memories Limited Edition/Complete Guide Book
Shadow of Memories Store Poster JP
Shadow of Destiny PC US
Shadow of Destiny PS2 US
Shadow of Memories PS2 EU

And I've got other stuff like fan-made artbooks that I've had printed out with the art I've ripped from Demento and so-on (like games without albums, I've made music rips and made unofficial covers and the like for them) as well as other things like albums by Seiko Kobuchi (composer of Demento)

I need to get the overly expensive and rare Drag-on Dragoon/Drakengard art books and the Drag-on Dragoon Official Soundtrack volumes but they're far too expensive to get at this exact moment. I'm not willing to part with $200 to $300 and over PER ITEM.

And the next time they have an event where people can get stuff signed by the VA for Mario - Charles Martinet, as he voiced Homunculus in Shadow of Memories and has said it was his favorite role, I'd probably wait and see if I could get him to sign the poster with Homunculus on it.
---
#4New_BirdmanPosted 8/25/2011 11:08:55 PM
Give.....me....ACCESS!!!!!!

Really, good names are incredibly hard to come up with.

If you were just going with a name related to the main game, that's not so bad. But I know you said you wanted a general name to fit all the things. That's really difficult.

Is it possible to give it a test name now, and change it later, just to get it started?
#5Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 12:25:30 AM
New_Birdman posted...
Give.....me....ACCESS!!!!!!

Really, good names are incredibly hard to come up with.

If you were just going with a name related to the main game, that's not so bad. But I know you said you wanted a general name to fit all the things. That's really difficult.

Is it possible to give it a test name now, and change it later, just to get it started?

- I'm happy if you have a forum where I can ramble on about my HG finds and speedrun garbage, haha.

I think you should create a section dedicated, since there's so much to say and I'm still finding new things even now.

(Added in the quote from the other section).

Somewhat, it's just that I'd have to redo the entire layout (colour scheme and the like could change depending on the name as I can't have a dark name and a brightly coloured site and the like sort of stuff) as I need to have the name to continue organizing interviews with developers, voice actors and composers.

I'm needing to do an interview with Greg Ellis but I need the site up with the name. My partner has been suggesting "Descent into Madness" but I don't want there to be confusion with sites like Hell's Descent and the like so... >_<;

And I'd be more than happy to add in a dedicated speed-run sub-forum for you.

I'll be writing up walkthroughs and other notes for the site and notes from the official guide books and version differences.

Anything else?
---
#6New_BirdmanPosted 8/26/2011 12:54:07 AM
Oh, you're right. I didn't think of the whole color scheme thing. I'll try to come with a good name, but to be honest I'm terrible at it.

As for the content, I have no certain requests. I'm interested in anything related to HG. I think you've got that all covered.

Other than that, are the only main sections you're including for the games listed?

I was going to suggest sub forums for some other horror games, but I suppose doing that will just overload the place. I guess there will be a general horror sub forum?
#7Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 2:19:55 AM
New_Birdman posted...
Oh, you're right. I didn't think of the whole color scheme thing. I'll try to come with a good name, but to be honest I'm terrible at it.

As for the content, I have no certain requests. I'm interested in anything related to HG. I think you've got that all covered.

Other than that, are the only main sections you're including for the games listed?

I was going to suggest sub forums for some other horror games, but I suppose doing that will just overload the place. I guess there will be a general horror sub forum?

Anything added in will get put into the list of me to toss around to think about it.

Alright then, I'm also trying to organize an interview with the composers to get an in-depth analysis on the music.

And there will be general subforums, essentially I'm going to put it like this

- Demento Section
- Clock Tower Section
- Syndrome Section
- Drakengard/NieR Section
- Combined section for Rule of Rose/Glass Rose/Shadow of Memories
- Gaming In General
- Off-Topic

With vBulletin, I'm thinking about getting the package that includes blogs and the like so I could make a better inclusion for speed-runs and the like.

Other bits would be subforums so the main forum list doesn't get extremely crowded.

I've been trying to decide if I should upload footage to YouTube or if I should make an embedded video player, music player and the like for the site too and as to which specific formats I should use for my downloads.

MP4 would be fine for size and quality, but for people making music videos - it's a crappy format to deal with when using things like Sony Vegas.

Or when dealing with lossless audio files if I should use Ogg Vorbis or Flac and the like so I can maintain the quality on everything too.

So any specific formats would be good to know since I have my own usual preferences.
---
#8Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 2:00:39 AM
The friend I was trying to talk into selling me some stuff responded.

Now I can add -

Moonlight Syndrome (Full?) Promotional Version
Moonlight Syndrome Preview Version
Twilight Syndrome: Investigations Promotional Version
Famitsu Wave - Capcom x Famitsu - Double Disc Extra (version with Biohazard/Resident Evil 4 Leon on the cover) with both the Bio4 GameCube demo disc and the DVD video disc that includes footage of Demento (the copy I got didn't have the DVD with it, so it's great that he found an extra copy floating around his house).

To the list more or less, he did offer to sell me some of the Clock Tower stuff he's got so if I need to get some more things in good condition I'll probably send him a message.

We're not exactly sure as to the content of any of that Human Entertainment promo stuff he's selling me, as he hasn't looked into the discs (they still have some plastic on them, but the plastic is torn in a few spots - since they haven't been investigated and results/information online, I will actually need to open them sadly).

In the future I may get some more double-copies and do some giveaways since some of the stuff will be harder to find later on.
---
#9RihawfPosted 8/28/2011 7:07:22 AM
Wow, so many things :0
You could name your site after Hewie, he is so fluffy and likable
(I got a virus in my pc, that's why I couldn't post earlier D:)
---
Durururuddud.
#10New_BirdmanPosted 8/28/2011 5:06:23 PM
Some sites I've seen just use a name based on the main game of the forum.
Mostly a location in one of the games.

I'd say just do that, and go with a HG name because then you don't have to worry about general name that covers all the featured games. That's just too hard to come up with a good one.