About the site & my collection

#301Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 7:30:38 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
I am very interested in this. I've always wanted to play Demento/Haunting Ground. I have it on standby to purchase from eBay.

I feel the concept of it bears a striking resemblance to the game Overblood, which is for the original Playstation.

It is somewhat similar, given that it had begun as the fourth (technically fifth title) in the Clock Tower series before changes were made and the CT series was always originally marketed as a Horror Adventure or Panic Adventure, before that slowly changed to Survival Horror and/or Panic Horror.

If you have any additional questions about the game before or after you've gotten a chance to play it, feel free to ask me.

And Mythie, glad to hear that!

I'll be doing a big update on the site soon, it's just easier for me to get most of the stuff done and then upload it all in one large lot.

With the last lot of scanning I did for the products, I had to organize over 800 images for that lot of stuff - I've already scanned in about 70 or so odd pages today and organized all of the documentation for all of the items scanned in.

At some point I'll also scan in all of the manuals for the games as well for backup copies for download.

But the scan update probably won't be for a week or two as I'm still waiting on those books from Japan to arrive - they're coming via SAL so it's going to take a bit longer as the amount of stuff that got shipped has left me with a $100 cost for shipping alone and I certainly wasn't going to do EMS with that in mind. >_>;

So in the meantime, wiki/walkthough/facts/trivia stuff will go up while I finish cleaning up some of the Clock Tower 3 concept art so they're easier to look at since some of them are washed out compared to looking at some photos of the original hardcopies of them.

It just takes a while to scan everything in since I do so in usually high resolutions to try and get the best quality, so I try to multitask but constantly working on the site gets me a little bit burnt out from working on everything myself. >_<;
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#302TravelDemonPosted 11/9/2012 12:46:21 PM
So this is a clocktower game?
---
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29607197.jpg
#303Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 8:44:41 PM
TravelDemon posted...
So this is a clocktower game?

Originally, yes.

Development started when they were in the final month of development for Clock Tower 3 (this was confirmed by a studio involved in it, as well as by some staff involved as the sound team for both games).

I have yet to confirm as to whether or not Sunsoft and Kinji Fukusaku were to be involved in it originally, but with Fukusaku's passing it seems that Sunsoft and Capcom ended the co-development and due to Capcom not owning the actual rights to the Clock Tower series (Sunsoft do contrary to the constant misreporting that I've seen going around on that) and it eventually became what it is.

I'm still fishing around for additional development info to add onto what I already know about it's origin, development process and overall timeline.
---
#304Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/10/2012 11:16:39 PM(edited)
@Enetirnel

Absolutely, thank you very much. I shall check your site as well and give my support.

Also if you or anybody else don't know already, be on the look out for Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei, with the final product scheduled for release sometime in 2013. It is going to be easily one of his greatest survival horror games since the remake to the original Biohazard/Resident Evil. Everyone, please be on the lookout for Shinji Mikami's new project. It should NOT disappoint.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#305EvastiaPosted 11/13/2012 8:08:12 PM
Everyone! Come sign up at Ene's forum! We need more peopllllle!!!
#306Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:20:33 AM
Once the update for the site is done this week, there will be quite a few more downloads available (such as the sfx and voice over rips in MP3 format because the files are already lossy so it's redundant to have larger lossless file formats) but I will also be organizing some competitions to give away some sealed copies of games and other things ranging from sealed trial builds of the older PS1 CT games to soundtracks and drama cds among other things.

I'm also still taking requests for content on the site, so feel free to let me know if you'd like to see something or want to submit any fan content to the site. ^^
---
#307Doom_InfinitePosted 11/28/2012 6:38:28 AM
The website is just so cool, I really like it Enetirnel thank you for your hard work! Really like the listings of the different versions, as well as the merchandise listings.

A few points I thought Iíd bring up.

1. In the main website section the header at the top seems to be of a different size than when in the forums. If both are opened in different tabs itís more obvious. Iím guessing the correct ratio is the one for the forums since the website one Fiona looks a tad squashed.

2. When reading on game versions of each game I thought it would be useful to have the list with links at the top so that one can easily navigate through and find a particular one without a search required.

3. As for pictures I think a layout displaying the thumbnails bigger would be good, but maybe thatís just me. I figure with the internet connections we have now a days shouldnít be a problem for anyone.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#308Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:45:46 AM
Doom_Infinite posted...
The website is just so cool, I really like it Enetirnel thank you for your hard work! Really like the listings of the different versions, as well as the merchandise listings.

A few points I thought Iíd bring up.

1. In the main website section the header at the top seems to be of a different size than when in the forums. If both are opened in different tabs itís more obvious. Iím guessing the correct ratio is the one for the forums since the website one Fiona looks a tad squashed.

2. When reading on game versions of each game I thought it would be useful to have the list with links at the top so that one can easily navigate through and find a particular one without a search required.

3. As for pictures I think a layout displaying the thumbnails bigger would be good, but maybe thatís just me. I figure with the internet connections we have now a days shouldnít be a problem for anyone.

1. The website banner is actually the one with the correct size ratio I had intended, the forum one was vertically extended as otherwise there was a gap between the banner space and the user control panel, search box that I was unable to fill when I put the layout together for the forums.

When I've added the majority of the content onto the site itself, I will be upping the supported resolution range and expanding the header section to match the forums as well, given I was unable to correct the spacing of that section of the forum's layout without disrupting the panel below it.

2. Not all products have been listed as of yet, on the wiki I will be including complete direct product links to all of the game versions, products and eventually on the main site - I'm using a news management system to organize all of my content, I did initially have links between them but given a database error for the NMS, I've had to redo the content around about ten times already and haven't gotten around to finishing off certain sections.

This will get put in there eventually, as well as manually editing each one to include a return to the top of the page links.

It would go faster if I had some help for the 200 + pieces I need to edit, but I'm afraid I'm only just one person and I've been a bit busy scanning in new items, translations, media, wiki articles, forum emoticons, avatar/signature sets, hacking for cheats, modifications and translation patches - I can only do so much at the one time by myself I'm afraid.

I'll get around to it eventually, because it bugs me as well.

4. Given the general amount of thumbnails that some sections will have once I upload the concept art, translated doujinshi among other things - which would result in more than 400 thumbnails on some pages, I'm leaving that as is as they also take up less space on my server at that size so I can maintain having higher quality images linked from the thumbnails with the gallery added into the website.

I'm actually experiencing internet connection issues and given that I'm currently in Australia, which has always had shockingly bad internet - which is why I've not been able to do a large content update to the website.

I've been able to get forums to load up after waiting 30 minutes to an HOUR to be able to respond to anything.

But anyway, thank you for the feedback - I will be making corrections when I can upload things to the server, I had to actually restore the main site from a backup I made on the server itself due to some of the new files I had uploaded were corrupted due to the unstable connection. DX
---