HD for thePS3

#1Gmanzz666Posted 8/28/2012 9:05:35 AM
So? Is the hd version still in the works?
I needs it.
---
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......
#2EnetirnelPosted 8/28/2012 6:53:00 PM
It's still coming, it was only announced fairly recently!

The discussion of the release date, end of the year was brought up but it seems much more likely to be released sometime next year. No specifics on a release date, nor any further information on the internal Capcom press sites I'm afraid.
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#3xXMythieXxPosted 8/29/2012 1:30:21 PM
I don't have a PS3... ;_;
Really, though, I think this game deserves a sequel.
---
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
#4RihawfPosted 8/29/2012 5:47:17 PM
xXMythieXx posted...
I don't have a PS3... ;_;
Really, though, I think this game deserves a sequel.

I wish it could be ported to Vita.
Having Haunting Ground from the comfort of your Vita would be just too awesome.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#5Doom_InfinitePosted 9/6/2012 5:56:38 PM
I wish they would release this on a disc cause I have a policy of not buying digital only.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#6EnetirnelPosted 9/6/2012 6:27:10 PM
Doom_Infinite posted...
I wish they would release this on a disc cause I have a policy of not buying digital only.

Then if you have a PS2, a backwards compatible PS3 or a decent computer you could play it directly off the disc.

In fact, it won't even be HD. Just upscaled on the PS3 with no texture fixes or anything of the sort. Just a port on the PS2 Classics section.

I captured my cutscenes from the game using one of my discs in my laptop and played it via the PCSX2 emulator. A couple of tiny hiccups, not really noticable but other than that it works flawlessly and the areas look even better and will most likely still look even better than the PS3 emulated digital download.

Personally, because of the factor of it being emulated... The sad thing is, directly using the PS2 copy on a computer and it STILL looks better than an official release is really quite sad.
---
#7Doom_InfinitePosted 9/7/2012 6:45:55 AM(edited)
I have the game on PS2 since it was first released, that defeats the point. lol

I see, then thatís just another lame upscaled game, too bad. I was hoping for a big overhaul like they did with the Devil May Cry games.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#8EnetirnelPosted 9/7/2012 8:50:22 PM
Doom_Infinite posted...
I have the game on PS2 since it was first released, that defeats the point. lol

I see, then thatís just another lame upscaled game, too bad. I was hoping for a big overhaul like they did with the Devil May Cry games.

I've already got about seven copies of the game for the PS2 myself and I'm getting a couple last copies I'm missing so... >_<;

It's a pity given how many votes the numerous polls had, but what really bugs me is - they could've just enabled the cutscene textures for the in-game textures as a quick texture overhaul as the cutscene ones are already fairly high res (I've ripped the actual textures for the characters already ages ago) but they clearly don't want to put any effort into things and just make a quick buck lately. :/

I don't recall any real changes to the Devil May Cry ones, maybe the menus being a little clearer but even then - the pre-rendered cutscenes were badly done (most of them didn't support surround sound until just over halfway through the game) among other things.
---
#9Doom_InfinitePosted 9/8/2012 11:01:10 AM
Do you have a Demento/Haunting Ground website or anything? You seem very hardcore. Gee I loved this game, one of the finest examples of good survival horror, and much better than Clock Tower 3 was imo.
---
#10EnetirnelPosted 9/9/2012 1:30:12 AM
Doom_Infinite posted...
Do you have a Demento/Haunting Ground website or anything? You seem very hardcore. Gee I loved this game, one of the finest examples of good survival horror, and much better than Clock Tower 3 was imo.

I'm currently making a Demento & Clock Tower website. I'm just delayed with progress at the moment because I'm getting married this month and I've been mucked around with my dress order repeatedly so I've been busy trying to get everything organized.

I personally prefer Demento over Clock Tower 3. It also feels much closer to the original Clock Tower games too.

Is there anything you'd like to see or request for me to add onto the site?
---