question about hewie

#1HellishAbyssPosted 10/11/2012 7:19:58 PM
not sure if this board is active anymore i was just wondering if we ever find anything about the origins of hewie like who was his original owner since he had a dog collar and where he came from if he was always at the castle or came from somewhere else.ive beaten the game about 10 times i plan on beating it many more love the hell out of this game a very nice treat for a survival horror enthusiast,never found anything in-game that wouldve really explained that so maybe it was contained in the the japanese guidebook or some other place like that.sorry if this has been asked before and thanks to whoever takes the time to answer this ive always been curious about this for awhile.
#2EnetirnelPosted 10/11/2012 8:25:39 PM
HellishAbyss posted...
not sure if this board is active anymore i was just wondering if we ever find anything about the origins of hewie like who was his original owner since he had a dog collar and where he came from if he was always at the castle or came from somewhere else.ive beaten the game about 10 times i plan on beating it many more love the hell out of this game a very nice treat for a survival horror enthusiast,never found anything in-game that wouldve really explained that so maybe it was contained in the the japanese guidebook or some other place like that.sorry if this has been asked before and thanks to whoever takes the time to answer this ive always been curious about this for awhile.

If you checked the dates for the last posts on the topics, you could've seen that the forum is still quite active.

Hewie was grabbed from the local town by Debilitas to be drained of Azoth (and essentially killed) by Riccardo.

Hewie escaped from where he was being held in Riccardo's lab, stole some of his dry method created items, hid them in the garden and ran around trying to escape the castle grounds.

Riccardo began locking off areas to try and catch Hewie, which is why a lot of doors and areas are blocked off when you begin the game.

This is out of the Japanese information I've already translated.
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#3HellishAbyss(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 9:02:30 AM
yeah i didnt check the dates its my first time using this site and actually the first time im using a computer, still trying to figure all this stuff out.thanks for the answer i really didnt expect anything along the lines of that. its a shame they didnt put anything like a file to mention that in-game. when i play this game every time i still cant over the fact how well hewies AI is programmed. he listens to your commands so good that it doesnt get frustrating at all even on hard since you need him to get some items and do certain things to proceed but he also does not listen too well so you dont feel like hes a machine ready to do your bidding at the slightest command,its a blend of those two elements which just adds to perfection hands down the best animal AI ive ever seen programmed into a game.thanks again for the quick response and the amazing answer it was one of the things that i constantly had in back of my mind and really wanted to know.
#4EnetirnelPosted 10/13/2012 1:15:07 AM
HellishAbyss posted...
yeah i didnt check the dates its my first time using this site and actually the first time im using a computer, still trying to figure all this stuff out.thanks for the answer i really didnt expect anything along the lines of that. its a shame they didnt put anything like a file to mention that in-game. when i play this game every time i still cant over the fact how well hewies AI is programmed. he listens to your commands so good that it doesnt get frustrating at all even on hard since you need him to get some items and do certain things to proceed but he also does not listen too well so you dont feel like hes a machine ready to do your bidding at the slightest command,its a blend of those two elements which just adds to perfection hands down the best animal AI ive ever seen programmed into a game.thanks again for the quick response and the amazing answer it was one of the things that i constantly had in back of my mind and really wanted to know.

Ah, that's alright.

Hewie's AI is indeed one of the best, if not the best AI partner character I've had in any game.

As for the answer, once my site is ready to be shown publicly there will be a lot more information and general content regarding Haunting Ground.

So, if you stick around this board on this site, you'll probably learn a bit more about the game. ^^
---
#5HellishAbyss(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 7:14:28 AM
yeah ill definitely visit here ever so often,looking forward for your site.
#6EnetirnelPosted 10/14/2012 11:28:46 PM
HellishAbyss posted...
yeah ill definitely visit here ever so often,looking forward for your site.

Glad to hear that. ^^
---