So, uh... any news on the port/HD remaster?

#1NINFanboyPosted 1/27/2013 6:11:34 AM
Googled and found the same old: ESRB has rated it, might come to PS3 and 360, blahblah yadda yadda.

Come on, make it happen, Capcom. I got some shiny coins for you. Awe, you do like shiny coins, don't you? I know you do. Want this one here? Then ****ing port HG already!!
---
Look in a dustbin for something to eat
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat
- Alien Sex Fiend
#2kangaroozPosted 1/27/2013 12:01:46 PM
I think its just going to be one of the PS2 classics and not an HD port like RE4 was. I hope I'm wrong though. Kicks Hewie...... *BLING!!* DOG HATER TROPHY. Siren just came out recently on the store. Maybe they want to space out the PS2 horror classics.
---
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005
#3omegaAwolPosted 1/27/2013 8:33:39 PM
i hope this comes out in EU
---
Prepare Yourself
#4EnetirnelPosted 1/27/2013 10:05:44 PM
As I said before - the ESRB rating doesn't state it as a HD remaster (all other classification submissions for HD remasters/ports for numerous other titles have been stated as such to differentiate from a remake or the original submission for the original version).

It was people jumping to conclusions that it would be a HD remaster but any changes to it would need to be stated in a classifications board rating, which weren't on the ESRB rating.

It also hasn't been submitted to other classifications boards as of yet, so it's impossible to say as to whether or not it will go onto all PSN regions. For 360, the entire game would have to be reworked for the 360 which I don't see happening as that would be too much effort and there's been no other classifications submissions including the 360.

There's also been no press releases, information across current Capcom press discs or their press sites (seeing as I do actually have access for few of them and check them frequently) - otherwise I would've posted an update via my website before posting it on here.

But as for a delay for classification submissions outside of the US, a delay isn't really surprising given how long it sometimes takes for them to organize stuff with SCEE (given that there was a previous issue with the CVX/RE4 ports including an avatar set which SCEE staff were stating publicly that they were having trouble contacting Capcom regarding the avatar set and PS1 RE games that were on the US store for years as they needed confirmation and authorization from Capcom to release the avatar packs and to use the US RE games versions instead of the EU ones on the store).
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#5_Shuyin_Posted 2/12/2013 3:49:59 AM
Even if its just a PS2 Classics release, it's sure taking it's time getting on the PSN. It was announced in like July of last year, and it's still not here yet.

Maybe they decided against putting it on the PSN.
---
"Your effort is for naught. How long do you plan to keep this up?"
~Haunting Ground
#6EnetirnelPosted 2/13/2013 4:00:56 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Even if its just a PS2 Classics release, it's sure taking it's time getting on the PSN. It was announced in like July of last year, and it's still not here yet.

Maybe they decided against putting it on the PSN.

RE2 & RE3 were supposed to go onto PSN when RE1 went on there, which was a few years ago and they only finally put the US versions up on the EU PSN after months of people nagging Sony staff who complained they were having communication issues with Capcom and then a few more months after the staff had publicly posted about it in one of EU PSN update blogs, Capcom finally gave them permission to put up RE2, RE3.

So for DEMENTO/Haunting Ground to take a while before it goes onto PSN honestly doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
#7SDSSocietyPosted 3/12/2013 11:06:15 PM
I would like to be able to download this one and Crimson Tears.
---
Monsters from the Id
#8Darren_dapimpPosted 3/25/2013 7:31:37 PM
if thats the case we need to start nagging them to put this game on i've been waiting god knows how long to download this game just give it to me already capcom jeez
---
Taker just LOLed me http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z428/RussianLegSweep/christianspear.gif
GT- DaZ 269 PSN- DaZ_269