This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't decide between Hero and Paladin

#1Alderon_RebornPosted 5/31/2011 12:50:53 PM
Both sound good to me, just can't choose between the two. Just seems like there are already a ton of Paladins running around >_>
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&cn=Mizuchi
#2End_of_DayPosted 5/31/2011 1:12:47 PM
Decide between sexy support skills and insane defense or pure attack power(eventually). Paladins are the former and Heroes are the latter.

If you become a Hero, your value to the party will depend on your damage, whereas people will be more lenient damage-wise on a Paladin because the entire party enjoys their buff.
#3Muffinz0rzPosted 5/31/2011 1:26:08 PM
Make a paladin, there really aren't that many, and there's no reason to make a hero over a paladin.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
Also, my Black Ops channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AndysBlackOps
#4Toejam and EarlPosted 5/31/2011 1:32:29 PM
My hero is the only account I've never given up on. No need to figure out each monsters elemental weaknesses, you just attack. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one but like End of Day said, Hero's get alot of major buffs in the coming patches.
---
bawlz
#5Alderon_Reborn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2011 1:32:40 PM
Going with Paladin. Now I just need to figure out a build for it. Tried looking a few up, but most are outdated, and the ones that aren't, there's tons of people arguing over what's wrong with it.

Should I max everything out at 18 instead of 20?
Also, in first job, I figured I'd max HP Increase, Slash Blast, Iron Body, and dump the rest into Power Strike. In 2nd job, I guess only put 11 points into Ground Smash? I've heard it's pretty bad.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&cn=Mizuchi
#6TechDudePosted 5/31/2011 2:25:06 PM
toejam what server do you even play on xd
---
GMS-Windia - Nawbiers 160 Marksman, yhceT 10x DK, CaptTechy 9x Mechanic, Techyimo 9x CB, Techybro 6x Wild Hunter, TechyTechy - lolDB
#7GangstaOfPSOPosted 5/31/2011 2:28:01 PM
Are you going UA Paladin?
---
Minnesota Vikings: 5-7
All Day Every Day
#8Toejam and EarlPosted 5/31/2011 2:29:57 PM
Oh ****, whats up tech. I'm on scania - to3jam 150 Hero, i think boompa was the only other one there but he quit once i started really getting into maple. I stayed with gunbound when you guys all made the switch, poor decision on my part hahah.
---
bawlz
#9TwilightRaverPosted 5/31/2011 2:33:56 PM
Heroes take a while to max their essential skills... Adv. Combo Attack, Brave Slash, Power Stance, Enrage, Combat Mastery, will take you to at least 16x to max (I'm 161 and out of all those, I've still yet to max Enrage, it's at 24).

Meanwhile, Paladins hit hard right from the get-go, and are great team players with Combat Orders. Plus they don't go down at all.
---
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!
A new adventure awaits, reach for the sky!
#10sakuraartsPosted 5/31/2011 3:21:01 PM
paladin are smexy <3

even my gf dress up as a half naked paladin just for me ^_^ awww yeaaah~~~ <3
---
Games, Games Everywhere!