This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What job does the highest single-target DPS nowadays?

#1The_Great_GenoPosted 6/13/2011 1:48:26 PM
This is assuming all of them have equal funding and equips.
---
Geno: King of the GameFAQs WoW Board.
#2End_of_DayPosted 6/13/2011 1:53:09 PM
mech / sair
#3kawaiikatanaPosted 6/13/2011 2:04:03 PM
Anyone got a list of DPM? I don't want to download a program to view some xmslm doccument for Maplestory >_>.
#4End_of_DayPosted 6/13/2011 2:12:03 PM
Deadcouple has one but it dates back to before potential items were released. A lot has changed since then, but class roles, particularly the single-target DPSers haven't changed much.
#5bast999Posted 6/13/2011 2:36:33 PM
I heard Aran was top DPS before Dual Blade came out.

He'll probably go back to top DPS after chaos anyway. Mech's 4th job single-target DPS isn't even nerfed at all during chaos.

Though, chaos buffs DBs so hard that they get the best DPS in the game. Aran and Mech are tied for 2nd I think.
---
having posted in this topic, it means that there is an 80% chance that there will not be any more posts in this topic for the next month. GG no re.
#6End_of_DayPosted 6/13/2011 2:51:22 PM
Aran was never single-target higher dps than sair, neither was DB. Sairs are/were just unpopular because their 1st-3rd jobs are awful and battleship is hard to use. Dual bladers were never the single-target highest DPSers and they won't be post Chaos. Don't be confused; "single-target dpm" isn't the same as "who can solo zakum the fastest".
#7CerraDawnPosted 6/13/2011 3:54:41 PM
Yeah, Arans are pretty terrible 1v1 since every single one of their attacks hits multiple targets. Granted, hitting more monsters spreads the damage out, but Arans are not meant for 1v1. I could see them being good at zak for the arms, but the body would take them awhile, I think.

Mechs have a pretty high dps 1v1. I'd imagine sairs too, but I've never played one.
---
El Nido - MechDM
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
#8chameleonic1Posted 6/14/2011 9:25:18 AM(edited)
I dont think there is a definitive list yet because things are still being changed by KMS.

In the end it really all comes down to Funding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNFST5DQlWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrD-lGLRVk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4blUAHNG0U4&feature=player_embedded

And when you do that much damage, a second or two difference doesnt really matter as far as I'm concerned. lol

---
Nothing to see here.
#9Jts743Posted 6/14/2011 11:52:24 AM
Sair has always been one of the best, and that probably won't change. Battleship is strong, but after Chaos, no more cooldown on it, and no more durability.
---
shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em
Upcoming Interests: SW: TOR, D3, S2, M:OM, Zelda, HG/SS
#10End_of_DayPosted 6/14/2011 12:10:34 PM
chameleonic1 posted...
In the end it really all comes down to Funding.

True, but...

The_Great_Geno posted...
This is assuming all of them have equal funding and equips.

chamel, I don't think the sair in the first video was in KMS. KMS currently has content (equips and stuff) that no other version of MS does that makes them stronger.

Even though things get shifted around a lot with new classes and "rebalancing", there's a general role that each class has, and one of those roles is "best single-target DPSer". It is quite easy to see which classes are meant to fill certain roles.