This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't get into MS "We are unable to connect to the login server."

#1SpecOpszPosted 1/2/2012 10:50:20 PM
It's been years so I decided to check what's going on in MS. However, I came across a dilemma.

I wasn't able to DL MS via the regular Download link due to a Pando Media Booster problem. So I scratched that.

I DL'ed MSSetupv96 from FilePlanet and it is a 2.2GB client. Now, while I managed to install everything needed, I am still unable to launch the game. When I click "Play" and after HackShield finishes loading, it says this:

"We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues.
Please check the MapleStory homepage for ongoing server checks as well as your firewall settings."

I have already done the following:

1) Re-boot
2) Launch from GameLauncher
3) Logged into site and tried to Launch from there, but fail
3) Uninstalled and reinstalled
4) Did the Windows XP compatibility thing (This computer is a Windows Vista) but the HackShield says it will not work due to "hacking concerns."
5) Check for updates on network drivers
6) Added MS to excemptions on Firewall, including Pando Media Booster and other things.
7) Checked processes to see if there's anything related to MS. There were none.

On another note, I have also tried to patch using the manual patch, but it stops at <3/3> Creating Base.wiz. It won't go any further after that.

Can anyone help a brother out?
---
TROLLFORCE.
#2HowatizerPosted 1/2/2012 10:57:20 PM
I had that problem fairly recently with an update, I had to fully remove Maplestory from my computer and do a fresh install to fix it.
Don't know if this will help you though;p
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#3LightKiller99Posted 1/3/2012 12:15:22 PM
i'm not sure what it is. But the only thing i can say is that MS is currently as version 1.04, and you seemed to download v96, so maybe that's something you did wrong.
---
GT - TunefulPegasus
I'm sexy and I know it.
#4SpecOpsz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2012 8:40:46 PM
Hmm, MSSetup is v96. Patcher is 1.04, yet even that won't go through because it stops at (3/3) Base.wiz :/
---
TROLLFORCE.
#5FolkenRawrPosted 1/3/2012 11:52:29 PM
You can't patch up more than once.
---
I clean bird**** out of cuckoo clocks for a living.
#6MegaSlushPosted 1/4/2012 7:29:53 AM
Did you completely remove every single MS file (at least in the folder it was first installed) and tried reinstalling it? That's how I got it to work, weird enough.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#7SpecOpsz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2012 11:41:26 AM
megaslush posted...
Did you completely remove every single MS file (at least in the folder it was first installed) and tried reinstalling it? That's how I got it to work, weird enough.

Yep. Everything in the Nexon folder associated with MS was deleted. Reinstalled, but failed.
---
TROLLFORCE.