This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the deal with linked skills?

#1LokarinPosted 2/10/2012 11:56:02 AM
I notice I get bonus stats from my highest level explorer and cygnus, but also an XP bonus from Mercedes and an all-stats bonus from Cannoneer...

This is all new to me.

Can they be used cross server? 'Cuz I seem to only have 5 character slots and I don't think I can get one of everybody in just that as far as I know.

Or, if you can... what classes do you need to get one of every Link skill if possible?
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#2Ephemeral_BeingPosted 2/10/2012 12:01:02 PM
Explorer/Cygnus is one or the other. Not both. You gain one attack/ magic attack for every other character on the server for every five levels your Cygnus gains, and every 10 levels your adventurer gains.

Cannon Shooters give +15 all, and +5% HP/Mp

Mercedes give 10% Bonus Exp per kill. That is not factored into Party Bonuses, but takes into account Holy Symbol.

Demon Slayers give +10% Boss damage. This stacks with all other potential.
---
Coniido, 18X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 15X Bishop
#3gamesage53Posted 2/10/2012 12:03:44 PM
They only work for on whatever the server the character is on. So a Mercedes on Windia can't link to a character on Scania, for example. Your Cygnus or highest level Explorer gives an attack boost to every other character on that server. Cannoneer, Mercedes, and Demon Slayer can only give them to one character (not including themselves) at a time, with being able to change the character once a day.

Cannoneer -> +15 all & +5% HP/MP
Mercedes -> +10% EXP
Demon Slayer -> +10% Boss Damage

Those are the current ones. When Phantom comes out, he'll have one that gives extra Critical percentage. One character can have every skill linked to it at once, but not a double of the same skill, so no +30 to every stat or +20% EXP
---
PSN: gamesage53
Tell me you're from here and the board you were on so I know to add you
#4Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:14:19 PM
Does the cannoneer count as an explorer for the explorer bonus? (Two birds with one stone)
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#5Ephemeral_BeingPosted 2/10/2012 12:18:11 PM
You want a KoC. Not an adventurer for the attack bonus.
---
Coniido, 18X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 15X Bishop
#6Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:29:18 PM
I like how fast and helpful this board is.

So, I need a mule character, may as well be a Cygnus... plus I was already interested in Cannoneer.

Why do I have 5 character slots when my bro only has 3?
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#7dragon504Posted 2/10/2012 12:36:55 PM

I like how fast and helpful this board is.

So, I need a mule character, may as well be a Cygnus... plus I was already interested in Cannoneer.

Why do I have 5 character slots when my bro only has 3?

your account is likely a few years old and you got a couple free character slot expansions.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#8Ephemeral_BeingPosted 2/10/2012 12:41:07 PM
Too bad you logged back on after Legends. We got 3, maybe 4 slots. I lost track.
---
Coniido, 18X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 15X Bishop
#9EndgamePosted 2/10/2012 1:08:16 PM
for every 10 levels, your highest leveled character gives all other characters +1 ATT (and those other bonuses no one cares about) for a max of 20, but a Cygnus Knight gives all other characters +1 ATT every 5 levels for a max of 24, the higher bonus between the two is what gets applied (characters do not get their own blessing though)

Soul Links however, can only be applied to one character at a time, and changed once a day, although the characters that give them will always have them as a passive

in addition to what gamesage53 said, the upcoming Legend Phantom has a Soul Link that gives +10% crit chance

and of course, there's the newer Character Card system, which gives you even more bonuses for making multiple characters:

http://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/kmst-ver-1-2-417-part-time-job-and-character-card-systems/#more-2279
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10Spark_FlashPosted 2/10/2012 3:51:03 PM
Blessing of the Fair isn't given by Adventurers; it's given from the highest level character on that server to every other character you have on that server.
---
"And it's portable. Come on? The best Kirby game, remade to be portable ALONG with extras? That's like sliced bread with 10 dollars inside." - Noke0