This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skill guide for Jett, and Phantom?

#1Torgo_Posted 7/4/2012 2:05:08 PM
Hey there I've just started playing again after months of playing other games, and I've made a Jett to play until Phantom comes out, I've checked Basilmarket, and other websites for skill builds for the two of them, but most of the ones I've seen conflict with eachother.

I trust the people on Gamefaqs to be less incompetent (Not that everyone on the websites I've mentioned is incompetent, but they seem to justify raising certain skills for strange reasons, and I don't know who to trust.), so does anybody have links to good skill builds here?

Thanks for any help!
---
There is no way out of here... it'll be dark soon... there is no way out of here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s9OC6rzAA
#2Jeric735Posted 7/4/2012 2:07:47 PM
1st Job: Leave out Tornado Uppercut
2nd Job: Leave out Static Thumper
3rd Job: Leave out Solar Array

These are chosen because they get replaced by the next job level's mobbing skill.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w399/Jeric-S/mano2012poster.png
#3Torgo_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 2:11:43 PM
Jeric735 posted...

These are chosen because they get replaced by the next job level's mobbing skill.

All right thanks, so you can max all the skills except for those ones?

Also are there any good guides for the Phantom? he's the main reason why I'm coming back now (I know he gets nerfed soon after he comes back, but characters like him are just too interesting for me to pass up!)
---
There is no way out of here... it'll be dark soon... there is no way out of here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s9OC6rzAA
#4saLUEtesPosted 7/4/2012 3:17:09 PM
Ignore Jeric73's advice for 3rd job, OP.

Solar Array does not get replaced - it has an extremely wide vertical range that SB does not, so still may have use in 4th job. In 3rd max everything but Gamma Missiles.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#5dragon504Posted 7/4/2012 4:21:02 PM

Solar Array does not get replaced - it has an extremely wide vertical range that SB does not, so still may have use in 4th job. In 3rd max everything but Gamma Missiles.

You're both wrong, you max everything except drone.
---
GhostShip - level 200 - F/P Arch Mage - Scania
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#6Ephemeral_BeingPosted 7/4/2012 4:25:27 PM
dragon504 posted...

You're both wrong, you max everything except drone.

This is my understanding, and my build.
---
Coniido, 19X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 16X Bishop
#7sumgai9000Posted 7/4/2012 5:34:03 PM
Leave drone unmaxed.

Jetts are Corsairs with some Bucc skills. But their Sair skills are superior. Aside from 4th job, where you can max everything, the first three jobs all leave the Bucc skills unmaxed. Sally's just coming from the direction that some unknown future skill change will make Jett's 4th job 1v1 skill somehow inferior to the 3rd job one. It's nothing more than a baseless conspiracy theory. Even nerfed, Drone is replaced by level 1 Rapid Fire, while Upper gets replaced by level 1 Thumper and Thumper gets replaced by level 1 Array.

Missile is a utility skill, which means its useful 100% of the time and a good investment of SP. Array, being a strong mob skill, will not only almost match Drone in damage, but also have more range and versatility due to its larger range. There's just no reason to max any of the 1st through 3rd job Bucc skills. Ever.

HOWEVER!

Don't make a Jett. Wait a week for Corsairs to be revamped, and then roll one of those. It's the same thing, only without the Bucc skills holding it back. They also get an extra summon skill, as well as 100% extra damage from Captain's Dignity (awesome skill, bro).

Their cash shop inventory isn't exclusive, either, and they're guaranteed to be getting a 5th job during Tempest when it comes in 6 months. It's just a far better alternative to the gimped kitbash Jett.
#8ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/4/2012 6:20:08 PM
Jeric735 posted...

This is wrong. Max all but the droid. It gets replaced by rapid fire.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 6850 pe/oc @ 1000/1100|MSI 890fxa|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#9Macho TakakaPosted 7/4/2012 6:58:09 PM
Why not make a Jett?
Just levelling it up till its core is maxed and skill linking would be useful.
---
<Vice> just because nobody agrees with me doesnt make me wrong
#10basakboyPosted 7/4/2012 7:35:53 PM
yes, why not?
---

When the going gets tough, they call on the sons of ******s.