This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A guide to my reccomended perma beginner's equips

#1omgairshotPosted 10/19/2008 11:18:40 PM
Hats- In lower levels, just like for warriors, the brown bandana reigns supreme. A good bandana can lost you a long time, right up until you get the broken overpowered zhelm. Some alternatives for the broke perma beginners are the following...

Pig Ribboned Headband- Scrolled for HP, you can't get anywhere as a beginner if you can't take a hit
Lord Pirate Hat- All stat boosted, including the much needed HP and speed.
Raven Ninja Banda- If you can scroll a good one, it has a small amount of the stats you need in STR DEX and LUCK, and it gives a big avoid boost. Avoid is your friend.

Armor- You might be thinking "duh sauna or bathrobe", but not so fast there. There are much better alternatives later on for your beginner.

For bottoms, I reccomend the Stirgeman Utility Pants Mk IV, which offer a huge speed and avoid boost. Scroll them for dex, and scroll one of those low level newb tops for STR, and you'll get a better output overall.

Capes- Now PACs are nice and all, but if you wanted insane damage, you wouldn't be a beginner in the first place now would you? A couple weapon attack isn't going to be a massive difference maker on a beginner, so we look at the most important thing. Survivability and overall usefulness. The PACs only add attack . I reccomend the Sirius Cloak for your beginner. It has STR, it has DEX, and it has that ever important combination of speed and avoid. Other alternatives are the stirgeman cloak of darkness, which gives a massive 20 avoid, or the stirgeman cloak of wiliness which gives a big HP boost. If you have high dexterity, the obvious choice is the Taru Spirit cape, which gives a weapon attack boost, a STR boost, and the avoid boost.

Shoes- You don't have much to choose from here. Green or Yellow strap shoes early on, and if you want to dish out a ton of money, maybe grab violet or yellow snowshoes.

Now the ever important discussion of weaponry....

While we don't have the maroon mop or the sake bottle in GMS, we have to go with the next best thing. Frozen Tuna's, even the beginner ones, aren't the next best thing. While they do have high attack, they are easily replaced later on by better weapons. The slower attack speed really holds the tuna way back.

In lower levels, the frozen tuna, despite being slow, is still the best bet. The other alternative is the pumpkin spear, which has good attack for it's level, a STR boost, fast attack, but most importantly- ACCURACY. All the attack power in the world, doesn't mean much if you miss all the time, and since you are down that 20 accuracy other classes get from mastery, it is quite easily to miss alot.

Later on, there are weapons that are closer to the tunas attack, without the slower attack speed. The first thing coming to most people's minds is the Maple Surfboard. While it is good, I prefer the Guan Yu Polearm. For a little less attack, you manage to get a huge accuracy boost, a dex boost, a str boost, and one badass looking weapon. Hell, I'd say until- the sake bottle and mop come out, the guan yu can last you forever. You can stay with a low base dex, or even dexless build with this, which means you can pump up that STR in your base AP at will.
#2AjaxTheGreaterPosted 10/19/2008 11:44:39 PM
I like equipping a Wacan Berry to reduce that Electric damage.
---
You got yourself a stew.
#3Barrel DragonPosted 10/19/2008 11:48:48 PM
Capes- Now PACs are nice and all, but if you wanted insane damage, you wouldn't be a beginner in the first place now would you? A couple weapon attack isn't going to be a massive difference maker on a beginner, so we look at the most important thing. Survivability and overall usefulness. The PACs only add attack . I reccomend the Sirius Cloak for your beginner. It has STR, it has DEX, and it has that ever important combination of speed and avoid. Other alternatives are the stirgeman cloak of darkness, which gives a massive 20 avoid, or the stirgeman cloak of wiliness which gives a big HP boost. If you have high dexterity, the obvious choice is the Taru Spirit cape, which gives a weapon attack boost, a STR boost, and the avoid boost.

/topic
---
WhyPolearm- 12x Low Dex Pure PA DrK. [K]haini.
DumNHyphy- 11x Hermit [K]haini.
#4saLUEtesPosted 10/19/2008 11:49:07 PM
Good, helpful guide - an asset for any permabeginner on the board. Thanks omgairshot.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#5SilentAng3LPosted 10/20/2008 12:43:05 AM
Also, for MapleSEA PBs - Sake Bottle.
---
"You stick an ice cream cone on a horse's head and you got a unicorn."
#6omgairshot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2008 11:21:53 PM
BD you realize not every perma beginner has 85 dex right? That's why I mentioned the other capes. Also taru capes are up to like 200+ mil in mardia.
#7SuperGamer111Posted 10/21/2008 4:26:25 AM
Um... Aren't Taru Spirit Capes warriors only?
---
Not sure what to put here now... Need ideas
Falcon Punch, anyone?
#8omgairshot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2008 1:41:54 AM
Taru Capes were originally supposed to be all class capes, but nexon changed it at the last minute.
#9superhero94Posted 10/25/2008 7:36:27 AM
Or you could be smart and pick a job.
---
Best Hero's= Zack Fair, Cloud Strife, Vincent Valentine, Sora, Roxas, and Ike.
Best Villan's= Roxas, Sephiroth, Genesis Rhapsodos, and Shadow