This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ragnarok Online VS. Maple Story

#1EggbertAUW2003Posted 12/4/2008 8:51:16 AM
I've played Maple Story in the past. I liked it because it was free.
I've paid money to play Ragnarok Online in the past. I liked it.
But now you no longer have to pay money to play Ragnarok Online (Valkyrie server).

I'm compelled to come back to one of the 2 online games, but I am not familiar with the new additions to this game.
From what I can remember, the differences between the 2 games are minor except for one being 2D and the other 2D/3D (it's not full on 3D). Another difference was that MS was more prone to pushing people spend money for items, whereas RO isn't (you might be able to buy some items with 'actual' money).

So... for those of you who are familiar with both games... why in your mind is MS better?
(The reason for asking is because I want to know which one to come back to. (I've already tried out RO and I like.))
#2022494Posted 12/4/2008 9:25:27 AM
you know what, I think they both suck xd
---
<@backdrifts> computers like genes / defective and failure prone / dude, you got a Dell
<@backdrifts> computers like girls / nice curvaceous money traps / dude, you got a Mac
#3the_rowanPosted 12/4/2008 9:30:45 AM
Valkyrie server sucks. Period. It is purposely designed to be hellish so people will pay. Play on a private server or not at all IMO.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4Cookie BagPosted 12/4/2008 10:01:02 AM
They are 2 different kinds of MMORPG's, you can't compare them just like that...
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead to unleash thy fury of thunder."
Indignation!
#5HyperRyunPosted 12/4/2008 10:05:42 AM
They both suck equally.

The only difference is that you spam giant attacks to kill monsters in 2d in one

and in the other you spam giant attacks to kill monsters in 2d isometric
#6MsysinnyPosted 12/4/2008 10:57:19 AM
Like everybody said here, they both suck. Only thing I found exciting for both games is that you can chat with your friends. I choose to play Maple Story because I'm addicted to it. It's like being introduced to crack or something once you sniff it once you gots to come back for more.
---
Addict of Maple story.
Jelly Spy lvl 59 (GS) Kradia
#7EggbertAUW2003(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2008 11:56:06 AM
The_Rowan wrote, "Valkyrie server sucks. Period. It is purposely designed to be hellish so people will pay. Play on a private server or not at all IMO."

Ummm... Vakyrie has just about the exact same settings as the servers I use to pay to play. All they did was up the drop/exp levels of the pay servers and left the old settings to the free server. So from my perspective, I'm playing the exact same game that I use to pay to play. So I don't quite understand how they designed it to be hellish if it's the same settings as how the pay servers use to be. I play it, it's seems great to me.

Back to MS. So many people here thinks the games is bad. I'm confused by that, but someone compared it to crack. So I might come back to MS for a little while because I like crappy addicting games. (I wasn't being sarcastic, I really do like crappy addictive games.)
#8EggbertAUW2003(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2008 12:03:51 PM
"They are 2 different kinds of MMORPG's, you can't compare them just like that..."

Really? Call me crazy, but they are a LOT the same.

They both spam attacks against cartoon-ish monsters grinding away til you level up your job.
Call me crazy, but I can't think of any other game that is more similar to MS than RO is. The only difference I know of is that RO is 2D isometric, and MS is strictly 2D. Even the sound effects are similar.
#9Biggs YamatoPosted 12/4/2008 3:12:31 PM
Ummm... Vakyrie has just about the exact same settings as the servers I use to pay to play. All they did was up the drop/exp levels of the pay servers and left the old settings to the free server

Wrong.

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/News/Notice/NoticeView.asp?noticeSeqNo=82&Page=1&Condition=&KeyWord=&mNum=4

Items sell for less, a lot of important items are more expensive, some cards no longer drop, teleport costs 100 sp, etc.
---
I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out today, Japan Time! - Singapore
#10HyperRyunPosted 12/4/2008 3:19:37 PM
^

Why the hell do they even list "item drop on death" if no server has that feature?

Also "Selling price by NPC: 6z (not sold by NPC)" for Empty Bottle.

What the ****.

---
"yes ButterMyBiscut i have reported many people for going off topic in my topics" ~GTthunder
So awesome, he hacked the GameFAQs moderation system.