This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who said gunslingers were weak before third job?

#1omgairshotPosted 5/18/2009 10:42:03 AM
While they don't put up the highest numbers, they are certainly fast. About 3 double shots to a single lucky seven, and better range. Invisible shot just mows down mobs. I'm doing like double 600s, and like 1500 invisible shots to mobs, at level 43, and none of my items are that great on my STRless slinger. Only decent items are a 9 dex helm and a 54 attack storm pistol, and I guess my 6 dex shoes, rest of the equips are 100% or average like 8 attack gloves.

Such a high range, fast rate of fire, close mob skill, medium to long range mob skills, and a wide variety of rangers you can hit from. Way faster than claws, and better range than bows.

I also gotta say, this is most likely the funnest class I have played.

Oh and save your "LOL LOW STR IS BETTER AT LEVEL 150" arguments, since I don't play on making it to level 150.
#2darkeric7x7Posted 5/18/2009 10:46:26 AM
Double shot is almost twice as fast as lucky seven.

Low-str is already better at 100.

---
Hai I'm Eric. Instead of buying TWEWY, you could read Gantz, listen to J-Pop and attack your DS with a cheesegrater. It's the same experience
#3Sad_Eyed_LadyPosted 5/18/2009 10:48:34 AM
<_<

1) They do not have better range than sins. If anything, it is equal.

2) Invishot hits 3 things for so-so mobbing damage when all other mobbing classes are hitting 6 things for as much, if not more.

3) The speed does not make up for the damage difference, especially when you don't KB.

4) Low STR would be better closer to 100 than 150.

5) lol airshot topic

I think that's about it.
---
http://henesys.com/gmsrank/GypsyRoseLee.jpg
#4omgairshot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2009 10:55:18 AM
Actually someone did a test on SW, and even a 110 strless barely beats out a 110 low STR, and the guy who tested it gave the STR gun user higher weapon attack from scrolling.
#5omgairshot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2009 11:00:24 AM
Also...

2) Invishot hits 3 things for so-so mobbing damage when all other mobbing classes are hitting 6 things for as much, if not more.

3) The speed does not make up for the damage difference, especially when you don't KB.

Melee classes can do about the same, but they need to be right on top of the target. Some classes don't have mob skills, and the ranged class mob skills don't really compete with it. Even if targets are mobbed around your slinger, a simple jump is all you need.

3) I KB every bullet, maybe your HIGH STR slinger newb can't KB, but that sounds like a personal problem. And what damage difference? Slingers have a high rate of DPS, if done right. Just because your HIGH STR slinger barely broke 100s at level 50, doesn't mean everyone has one like that.
#6KilanderSolariPosted 5/18/2009 11:02:34 AM
I like my normal STR Gunslinger. He's fun to play.
---
< Rend your heart in half, hold fast hope. >
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.
#7Sad_Eyed_LadyPosted 5/18/2009 11:04:58 AM
ITT: Baseless statements=arguments

Again, lol airshots topic, etc.
---
http://www.imujination.com/dir/pics/motivational/chances.jpg
#8korangar7776Posted 5/18/2009 11:22:01 AM
I doubt you need to KB with all these new places to train at
Only straws would be your main problem at level 45--55 ranges, but you could go pq and get even better exp doing so if you get guild/buddy to help get permanent party
You can go to Wrs quite early thanks to your high acc, and they dont need any kb
By the time you leave WRS at around 8x, Kbing is not an option for ranged classes anymore, unless you stay at cwk areas
Also, you can easily convert from STRless to low STR later when STR build its better, instead of adding STR so early, so I dont see anything wrong with STRless build

---
Help me get a new nature of Sig
#9KilanderSolariPosted 5/18/2009 11:35:54 AM
WRs? Wrs? WRS? Which is it, and what is it? =/
---
< Rend your heart in half, hold fast hope. >
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.
#10Blazeofspikes10Posted 5/18/2009 12:44:55 PM
Airshot how long did it take you to get your storm pistol? I am still farming lorangs because the official maple website said they drop them and the only reason why I am farming is because nobody is selling them in my server.