This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valefor hat = Ultimate thief hat?

#1NYFinEst156Posted 12/31/2010 6:01:34 AM
Im looking at the stats and thinking theres no reason to ever use a different hat. Are these job hats the best hats? (Owl hat, Valefor hat etc.)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbrLIwKWWA
Loyal Chiefs fan
#2TaiketoPosted 12/31/2010 6:04:18 AM
Not at all. Zhelms, scarlion helms, targa helms, chaos zhelms, that one chinese boss event helm... All are better hats.

It also has literally no potential with potential because it's such a low level item.
---
Is it elitist to crave efficiency?
#3Xian_OvergearPosted 12/31/2010 6:08:58 AM
And they looks horrible, sans the pirate hat.
---
Biover lv 8x Scanian Battle Mage
#4NYFinEst156(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2010 6:52:45 AM
ok but until you acquire one of those hats are the job hats the best
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbrLIwKWWA
Loyal Chiefs fan
#5awesomeunoPosted 12/31/2010 7:47:45 AM
will be a few levels b4 u get anything better

#6Robtcee13Posted 12/31/2010 8:27:35 AM
It also has literally no potential with potential because it's such a low level item.

Oh ho ho you're so witty.
---
Guys, I didn't hit 100% of the notes, why am I not getting 100%?
- TravisCombs
#7HowlingDragoonPosted 12/31/2010 9:52:01 AM
People are going to tell you that the job hat isn't such a big deal, since you can get the even-better Zakum Helmet @ 50.

...Don't count on it unless you get lucky or you've been playing a while. There are quests that will get you "into some money", but nothing that's going to let you afford to really participate in "the economy".

If you DO scrap enough mesos for a Zakum Helm, you're better off spending that on a nice Work Glove instead. The other option is to use it to try to 'play the market' to raise money, but while that might be a good idea in other cases, it's really, really foolish for a new player fresh off their John Barricade etc. quests. If you misstep somewhere and lose your wad, you have nothing to fall back on and try again (or even gear your character as well). Naturally, that's more likely to happen if you're unfamiliar with things, too.
---
You will never walk this earth again! Welcome to the hornet's nest!
#8michael_k1dPosted 12/31/2010 5:14:53 PM
Until you can afford a zhelm, it is the best.

And whoever says pirate demon hat is the only good one... is it opposite day? Because that's like the only one that is unbelievably ugly. Valefors and the magician ones are the best.
---
Took me 5 years to get to (32) Legend. I wonder how long it'll take to get to (33) Elite....
#9Mufufu_MasterPosted 12/31/2010 5:21:19 PM
Because that's like the only one that is unbelievably ugly. Valefors and the magician ones are the best.

Valefors are the worst of the bunch.

Hideous Donkey head, Hideous Lion head, Grotesque Horse head, Creepy Owl head and anime-like Fox-thing head.

I think the fox thing looks best.
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Official Kyogre of the Pokemon B/W boards Mufufufufufufu...~
#10gaara999999Posted 12/31/2010 5:58:53 PM

From: HowlingDragoon | Posted: 12/31/2010 6:52:01 PM | #007
People are going to tell you that the job hat isn't such a big deal, since you can get the even-better Zakum Helmet @ 50.

...Don't count on it unless you get lucky or you've been playing a while. There are quests that will get you "into some money", but nothing that's going to let you afford to really participate in "the economy".

If you DO scrap enough mesos for a Zakum Helm, you're better off spending that on a nice Work Glove instead. The other option is to use it to try to 'play the market' to raise money, but while that might be a good idea in other cases, it's really, really foolish for a new player fresh off their John Barricade etc. quests. If you misstep somewhere and lose your wad, you have nothing to fall back on and try again (or even gear your character as well). Naturally, that's more likely to happen if you're unfamiliar with things, too.

Nobody said "You will get Zhelm at level 50". Why can't he just wait till he is say, level 150 and then just join a zakum party or something.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr