This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[STICKY] Post-Chaos Training Spot Guide

#21saLUEtesPosted 8/1/2011 6:01:26 PMmessage detail
EvilMewtwo posted...
I sure hope so, i put a decent amount of work into compiling everyone's additions to the guide.

Ah so you'll respond to the praise but ignore the legitimate questions on the guide, right? Hey, why bother though? Your name is next to the sticky already so there's no point in any follow-up now.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#22azn_riza_000Posted 8/1/2011 7:30:07 PMmessage detail(edited)
saLUEtes posted...
I am keen to hear the reasoning behind the "Range of 15k+ = Bearwolves, below that = Crockys". Not only is it a bit confusing to me how that was classed, but adding in "oh all classes are different and you need to consider other factors beyond this" makes the whole section seem a bit redundant.

Mind explaining, OP? Thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed that you've written 15k below was Crockys, 18k+ was Bearwolves. Poor proofreading, or is there actually meaning behind this?

Sal has a point here. And as it stands, you can't judge which area is good at LHC because of your damage range, seeing as every class has different multipliers for weapons and skills and what may be a good range for one class would be piss poor for another.
When it comes down to it, once you reach around 16X, Crockies just give crap %/hour even with HS and so Bearwolves is the place to go unless you want about 6-7% per hour at 16X (@ Crockies) where you could get 15-20% at Bearwolves.
---
Windia~SatomiOrders~17X Paladin~
#23Ephemeral_BeingPosted 8/1/2011 7:32:02 PMmessage detail
Yeah. Bears is honestly better even at late 14X and 15X. I'm getting about 40% an hour opposed to 25ish.
---
Currently Playing NCU. Chocobo Farming!
#24End_of_DayPosted 8/1/2011 10:03:09 PMmessage detail
Damage range is a function of weapon modifiers. You input weap mod, stats, attack, and out comes damage range. If you personally feel able to train at BW with your damage range, you're encouraged to in the guide. I don't think that any of you would object to me saying that if you do have a range max of 10k, 12k, you will be getting the smaller share of exp at bearwolves.

As far as the "bad proofreading", there's a gray area left unintentionally because like a couple of you said, and as is mentioned in the guide, these boundaries are not concrete. Neither are levels for that matter. However, I wouldn't say that makes them redundant or needless to say.
---
Currently listening: Adele - Someone Like You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwvIPJlPN0&feature=related
#25saLUEtesPosted 8/1/2011 11:19:48 PMmessage detail
azn_riza_000 posted...
Sal has a point here. And as it stands, you can't judge which area is good at LHC because of your damage range, seeing as every class has different multipliers for weapons and skills and what may be a good range for one class would be piss poor for another.
When it comes down to it, once you reach around 16X, Crockies just give crap %/hour even with HS and so Bearwolves is the place to go unless you want about 6-7% per hour at 16X (@ Crockies) where you could get 15-20% at Bearwolves.

That's why I'm hoping the guide creator can explain exactly what he means. Of course, given that he totally ignored the question and only responds to those praising him, I think it kind of makes it clear that he has no idea and included it without reading or understanding it.

Another reason why this guide shouldn't be given any credit post 105, and hopefully can be renamed as such.
---
#26azn_riza_000Posted 8/1/2011 11:24:41 PMmessage detail
saLUEtes posted...

That's why I'm hoping the guide creator can explain exactly what he means. Of course, given that he totally ignored the question and only responds to those praising him, I think it kind of makes it clear that he has no idea and included it without reading or understanding it.

Another reason why this guide shouldn't be given any credit post 105, and hopefully can be renamed as such.

I really see what you meant about the 105 thing now >_>
Sorry for doubting you. . .
---
Windia~SatomiOrders~17X Paladin~
#27saLUEtesPosted 8/1/2011 11:27:27 PMmessage detail
Apology accepted. It's a shame that this actually got to a point where it got stickied though. Hopefully for the next proposed sticky, yourself and those in your position will be able to review everything for what it is and help prevent yet another flawed guide from going up.
---
#28End_of_DayPosted 8/2/2011 12:21:45 AMmessage detail
I wrote that section and explained it myself. Sal is still ignoring me so he can feel smug about his attacks. End of story.
---
#29potatofreekPosted 8/2/2011 1:04:15 AMmessage detail
End_of_Day posted...
I wrote that section and explained it myself. Sal is still ignoring me so he can feel smug about his attacks. End of story.

However, your section does not make any sense. Damage range will affect how fast you train, but it should not affect where you go between Crockies and Bearwolves. Even with terrible damage, BW will be significantly faster than Crocks because they do not have much more Def and have better spawn/exp once you are within a certain level range. Also, even if you were to differentiate, 18k damage as a cutoff is too high. =____=

...I'd definitely have to agree with sal, this LHC section is terrible. :< He may have asked others for help on writing guides, but clearly he did not make a wise decision as to who to trust.
---
Windia~~16x Corsair- Denryuuu
#30End_of_DayPosted 8/2/2011 3:26:24 AMmessage detail
I added that BW is better than Crockys and that you should explore the possibility of training there as soon as possible within the guide. I also meant to err on at least the safe side about the max ranges. Players with a max range of 18k should definitely be at BW. If anything, you might have asked me to lower the 15k max range for Crockys earlier if you think it's too high. The max range section is supposed to be vague, but at least within reason.

I'll concede that I didn't account for each classes' individual skills for the LHC guide. By using damage range as a criterion for where/when to train and not level, the roles of each classes' skills are severely downplayed as said skills are the direct result of leveling. I hope you understand that if I were to explore the level criterion, I would have to go into the skills that justify going at that level, and it was never my intention to go that in-depth. I figured that by 4th job +, people would know how to play their own classes better than I could tell all of them, so I ran a very general route.

If you have any further issues with my little LHC section, you're free to come forward with them. I wish we would have done this sooner, but if it helps the guide I don't mind us hashing it out here.

Mewtwo, I hope you'll consider yourself exempt from the conversations regarding LHC. I hope you understand that it would be difficult for you to try to defend my points without proper reasoning. You're also still welcome to ignore saLUEtes as his contest for my section of the guide comes largely from misinterpretation (forgivable because it is vague) and flat ignorance (not so forgivable). He's trying to challenge you to defend my points when he knows you can't.
---