This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[STICKY] Post-Chaos Training Spot Guide

#41EvilMewtwoPosted 8/4/2011 9:40:39 PMmessage detail
End_of_Day posted...
This is just a reminder for everyone to stay on topic. I appreciate it, but I nor the section of the guide I wrote need any further defense.

Sage, the fact that Mewtwo copied my words directly does not completely exempt him from the responsibility of having posted it. Sal's "huge no" lacks explicit justification of his denial, but I could provide that for you: Mewtwo posted it, and is therefore responsible as far as explaining that he trusted me as a reliable source. Beyond that, I assume responsibility for explaining the LHC guide as its author and as the Mewtwo put his trust into for that section. However you or sal want to weight that is up to you guys.

TL;DR Mewtwo is obligated to explain his inclusion of the LHC guide about as far as saying "Ask End_of_Day."

With that having been said, Mewtwo, your comment rings of a mocking tone and it doesn't speak well of you. However fitting you might find it for sal, I think you would agree this isn't the proper place for it.

Once again, if anyone has questions or comments relevant to the LHC guide, I would be happy to address them.

DW, I'm done being condescending now. Gotta keep the guide civil.
---
[NightReigns 10x Hermit] [Elementaiizt 106 Dragon Knight]
gMS Khaini -=-=-=-=- Currently leveling: NightReigns
#42gamesage53Posted 8/4/2011 10:05:52 PMmessage detail
That's what I kind of meant, I'm not exactly the best with words. Only the person who wrote it can accurately explain what they meant, as far as guides go. I'm still looking forward to Sal's LHC guide. I kid, I kid
---
MapleStory -> Bellocan -> MudkipLiker0 (120 Aran), BahamutEXA (61 Evan), gamesageUA (84 Gunslinger), all others are retired...for now
#43saLUEtesPosted 8/4/2011 10:34:00 PMmessage detail
EvilMewtwo posted...
saLUEtes posted...
gamesage53 posted...
Copying that section word for word from what someone else wrote definitely exempts you from being responsible for it

A huge no on this.

ITP: Let's blame the guy I think is a stupid doo doo head, even though he just trusted someone with experience as Grand Master Sallaama requested!

Ah of course, you're just being victimized for no reason - nothing to do with the fact you published a very poor section, and now you're trying to distance yourself as far as you can from it.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#44gamesage53Posted 8/4/2011 10:38:17 PMmessage detail
He's just saying to talk to the person that wrote it, not the one who posted it. And if the section is really that bad, then write one, Sal. Write an LHC guide, get it stickied, then this whole thing can end
---
MapleStory -> Bellocan -> MudkipLiker0 (120 Aran), BahamutEXA (61 Evan), gamesageUA (84 Gunslinger), all others are retired...for now
#45saLUEtesPosted 8/4/2011 10:51:11 PMmessage detail
No, he (and you) are saying that because he published it, he has absolutely no responsibility for how poor quality it is. I am telling you flat out, you are wrong.

Also how long will you keep this "if you critique something then you have to do the same thing yourself" schtick up? Are you going to harass every other high level who has commented on how poor the section is too? Just keep firm on that bandwagon, buddy (which keeps shrinking and shrinking)!
---
#46gamesage53Posted 8/4/2011 11:12:47 PMmessage detail
I said 2-3 posts later that it wasn't what I meant. I meant that any questions about that section should be directed at the one who wrote that section and not the one who published it. You keep saying how bad the section is, but you haven't said why or corrected any part of it. You seem like you know everything about it (saying how wrong the section is and just needs to be scrapped) so I think you should write one if you know why this one is so bad. Otherwise you're just saying that it sucks and aren't adding info to make it better. It's some stupid grudge against Mewtwo for taking the initiative to write a new guide and getting help from other people on the board, yet you still have a problem and it's ridiculous. I know that whatever I say is pointless because you'll just say how I'm wrong and on a bandwagon, etc, etc. until you feel the need to harass me in any thread I make. But if I'm going to be one of the people looking at the guide and you insist it can be better, then quote the incorrect info and correct it because just saying it's wrong and should be scrapped isn't doing any good.

Excuse that wall of text. It's hard to figure out spacing when I'm on my iPod so it's probably too long to bother reading.
---
#47azn_riza_000Posted 8/4/2011 11:17:14 PMmessage detail
gamesage53 posted...
I said 2-3 posts later that it wasn't what I meant. I meant that any questions about that section should be directed at the one who wrote that section and not the one who published it. You keep saying how bad the section is, but you haven't said why or corrected any part of it. You seem like you know everything about it (saying how wrong the section is and just needs to be scrapped) so I think you should write one if you know why this one is so bad. Otherwise you're just saying that it sucks and aren't adding info to make it better. It's some stupid grudge against Mewtwo for taking the initiative to write a new guide and getting help from other people on the board, yet you still have a problem and it's ridiculous. I know that whatever I say is pointless because you'll just say how I'm wrong and on a bandwagon, etc, etc. until you feel the need to harass me in any thread I make. But if I'm going to be one of the people looking at the guide and you insist it can be better, then quote the incorrect info and correct it because just saying it's wrong and should be scrapped isn't doing any good.

Excuse that wall of text. It's hard to figure out spacing when I'm on my iPod so it's probably too long to bother reading.

A few of us have already posted HOW the section sucks, not just that it does. Please read all the posts. inb4youwriteanLHCguideifyou'resoclever
---
Windia~SatomiOrders~17X Paladin~
#48saLUEtesPosted 8/4/2011 11:19:15 PMmessage detail
gamesage53 posted...
It's some stupid grudge against Mewtwo for taking the initiative to write a new guide and getting help from other people on the board, yet you still have a problem and it's ridiculous.

Oh, except for the fact that I corrected 3 huge errors in the creation of the guide (check the credits), and I'm not the only one who thinks the LHC section is poor.

Something tells me that with 120 being your highest, you aren't familiar enough with LHC to be able to critique the section.
---
#49gamesage53Posted 8/4/2011 11:27:53 PMmessage detail
I saw some people say stuff, which is cool. Most of what I see Sal post is just saying it's wrong and should be scrapped. And 120 isn't my highest, nor did I critique that section at all, so that part is a poor attempt at attacking me. In all honesty, if the LHC section is that bad, then some people should work on a draft here on the board (in a different post of course, saying it's an LHC draft) so it can be stickied and separate from this guide which would make it easier for anyone curious about training at LHC. Maybe even taking good parts of the current section for it (if given permission) to make it easier to write. Sounds like a good plan to me.
---
#50azn_riza_000Posted 8/4/2011 11:33:59 PMmessage detail
gamesage53 posted...
I saw some people say stuff, which is cool. Most of what I see Sal post is just saying it's wrong and should be scrapped. And 120 isn't my highest, nor did I critique that section at all, so that part is a poor attempt at attacking me. In all honesty, if the LHC section is that bad, then some people should work on a draft here on the board (in a different post of course, saying it's an LHC draft) so it can be stickied and separate from this guide which would make it easier for anyone curious about training at LHC. Maybe even taking good parts of the current section for it (if given permission) to make it easier to write. Sounds like a good plan to me.

There's no point in making an LHC guide seeing as it won't be a party zone for much longer.
---
Windia~SatomiOrders~17X Paladin~