This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[STICKY] Post-Chaos Training Spot Guide

#51End_of_DayPosted 8/5/2011 12:41:55 AMmessage detail(edited)
Sage, Mewtwo, let me speak for the section of the guide I wrote myself. You obviously won't get anywhere with sal, so at the very least you could keep this topic free from clutter.

Azn_riza, I hope that you at least have read my explanations; however you have yet to react to them with any relevance. From what I gathered from your posts alone, I'm only able to tell that you agreed with what you quoted from sal and that you think the guide I wrote is bad. I believe I've addressed sal's points well enough. If you still think improvements can be made (if you still think it's bad), please enumerate those points, or elaborate on sal's. If you need any further clarification on my defense of the LHC guide, I can give you that as well.

*edit*
It'll be at least a few months before Jump comes out and LHC no longer becomes a party zone. You could write a comprehensive LHC guide in a day w/o drafts and get it stickied within the next two.
---
Currently listening: Adele - Someone Like You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwvIPJlPN0&feature=related
#52gamesage53Posted 8/5/2011 12:46:21 AMmessage detail(edited)
If it's not worth making a new guide, then why was it such a big deal about the one in this guide in the first place? To point out the flaws and say it's not worth making a new one, but it's worth saying how bad the one we have is? You might as well just say "110+ -> LHC" which I believe was the original plan (I might be wrong) or to try and give rough level ranges for what you train on while there (more likely). Instead of making a good guide, you'll just complain about how bad the current one is because "it's not worth it".

Edit: Sorry about the extra clutter I'm causing. I can tell it's a bad habit of mine so I try to avoid posting on the board at all.
---
MapleStory -> Bellocan -> MudkipLiker0 (120 Aran), BahamutEXA (61 Evan), gamesageUA (84 Gunslinger), all others are retired...for now
#53DrSockPosted 8/5/2011 11:00:42 AMmessage detail
LHC is the type of thing you understand as you go there yourself, and you shouldn't need a guid as a thing from experience. but other then that, I have a question about this part.
EM_MapleStory posted...
--------------------

-Death Teddies and Master Death Teddies are in the bottom section of Ludi Clocktower, near to Ghost Pirates and DGPs. You can start DTs are about 105, and MDTs at about 108. (Note: Secluded map, weak to Fire, Holy, Heal)

I should have looked at the previous guides to notice this change. BUT HOW THE HECK IS MASTER DEATH TEDDIES A SECLUDED MAP?
I don't know how Khaini is like, but I assume it in the same situation like Windia. with ABR dropping there, it 95% full, and often with hackers i add.
It UNLIKELY You have a decent spot if you go there just to train.
#54End_of_DayPosted 8/5/2011 11:09:46 AMmessage detail
I personally prefer DTs over Ghost Pirates and that map is secluded. But you're right about MDTs; they're anything but secluded.

I also agree that people are going to get the best feel for LHC by experiencing it themselves; a better reason for why a fully detailed comprehensive guide is unnecessary.
---
#55EvilMewtwoPosted 8/5/2011 11:09:50 AMmessage detail
DrSock posted...
LHC is the type of thing you understand as you go there yourself, and you shouldn't need a guid as a thing from experience. but other then that, I have a question about this part.
EM_MapleStory posted...
--------------------

-Death Teddies and Master Death Teddies are in the bottom section of Ludi Clocktower, near to Ghost Pirates and DGPs. You can start DTs are about 105, and MDTs at about 108. (Note: Secluded map, weak to Fire, Holy, Heal)

I should have looked at the previous guides to notice this change. BUT HOW THE HECK IS MASTER DEATH TEDDIES A SECLUDED MAP?
I don't know how Khaini is like, but I assume it in the same situation like Windia. with ABR dropping there, it 95% full, and often with hackers i add.

It might not be secluded, per se, but it certainly isn't busy. I went there at 3pm EST and was able to get a channel after 2 CCs. I've been there a few other times and didn't have trouble with finding a map then either. I could've been lucky, IDK.
---
[NightReigns 10x Hermit] [Elementaiizt 106 Dragon Knight]
gMS Khaini -=-=-=-=- Currently leveling: NightReigns
#56End_of_DayPosted 8/5/2011 11:12:08 AMmessage detail
Oh Doctor, you brought up another good point: world differences. Vary good vary good.
---
#57HowlingDragoonPosted 8/5/2011 11:16:20 AMmessage detail
If it's not worth making a new guide, then why was it such a big deal about the one in this guide in the first place? To point out the flaws and say it's not worth making a new one, but it's worth saying how bad the one we have is? You might as well just say "110+ -> LHC" which I believe was the original plan (I might be wrong) or to try and give rough level ranges for what you train on while there (more likely). Instead of making a good guide, you'll just complain about how bad the current one is because "it's not worth it".

Failure and absence get accommodated for, but mediocre success becomes easily entrenched. I would agree with the sentiment that this shouldn't have gotten thrown into a sticky when it's not ready. I wasn't going to say anything here because it seemed like saL was being unnecessarily antagonistic about the matter and I didn't want to fuel the fire, but gamesage is completely right in this regard.

A good 'sticky guide' is marked by numerous pages of "very helpful, thanks" that follow it - not numerous pages of error-correction and explanation about how It's Not Completely Reliable, True, But We Did Decently Enough.

A compilation of 'community input' it may be, but the community input was clearly not settled-in enough to be ready for a sticky.

At least no one's got beef with the part you wrote. =P

I've had several bits of 'beef' with it. I just didn't want to churn an argument for no reason. If it's become a tangible call for a thumbs-down on the sticky, I'll openly support that.
---
Step 1) The Wheel of Fate is Turning... Step 2) Beeeeees! Step 3) ???? Step 4) Kehehehehehehe!
#58End_of_DayPosted 8/5/2011 11:32:58 AMmessage detail(edited)
HowlingDragoon posted...
A good 'sticky guide' is marked by numerous pages of "very helpful, thanks" that follow it - not numerous pages of error-correction and explanation about how It's Not Completely Reliable, True, But We Did Decently Enough.
A compilation of 'community input' it may be, but the community input was clearly not settled-in enough to be ready for a sticky.

True lololololololololol i was ultra surprised that it was stickied so fast. The sticky itself came kinda inb4sal tho, amirite? trolololololol
also inb4sal:i wasrite all along + + + + are agree w/ me kthxbye
*edit*
So...yeah actually sal definitely deserves credit for this guide for derailing every draft topic so hard. Thirty billion ton trains loaded with over 9000+ children could have been derailed by his trololol.
#59DrSockPosted 8/5/2011 11:31:07 AMmessage detail
EvilMewtwo posted...
DrSock posted...
EM_MapleStory posted...
--------------------

It might not be secluded, per se, but it certainly isn't busy. I went there at 3pm EST and was able to get a channel after 2 CCs. I've been there a few other times and didn't have trouble with finding a map then either. I could've been lucky, IDK.

The fact you had to CC kinda goes against the idea of a secluded map. so atleast change it to Fairly/extremely crowded map

End_of_Day posted...
Oh Doctor, you brought up another good point: world differences. Vary good vary good.
Hum, you can address this basing this guide on a populated world like winida or scania(more people will play on a more poulatated world, thus the guide should be more or less focused on them). and then make make a notice of how certain worlds would have less populations, thus changing the fairly crowded to secluded by certain worlds.

and how it negativly affect party place like LHC
#60End_of_DayPosted 8/5/2011 11:35:59 AMmessage detail
Gosh, how barren ARE the smaller worlds, anyway? Do they not even have enough people at one time for 6 people to meet in channel 1 and L> party? Meeting in channel one works just fine for other joint ventures, and I would hope similar social patterns follow in the smaller worlds. It would just make sense.
---