The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phantom - Best skills to steal?

#1DengekiStrykerPosted 12/11/2011 1:12:46 AM
So I've been putting together a list of skills I plan to steal with Phantom.

1st
Magic Guard, Magic Armor, Haste, Lucky Seven

2nd
Power Guard, Hyper Body, Heal, Bless

3rd
Lightning Charge, Combat Orders, Lucky Dice

4th
Advanced Blessing,

Speed Infusion
Hurricane

1. Are there better sets of skills for Phantom?

2. Which fourth job DPS skill would best serve Phantom? I'm not a DPS expert, so I don't know which offers the best DPS between doubling attack speed with Speed Infusion or just using Hurricane.
#2saLUEtesPosted 12/11/2011 4:24:32 AM
Holy Symbol is the most important one IMO.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#3Bokothechoco2Posted 12/11/2011 6:43:17 AM(edited)

Speed Infusion
Hurricane

Rofl @ combining these two.

between doubling attack speed with Speed Infusion

Oh, that explains why you thought a combo like that would work I guess. SI is a glorified booster, you can't boost a skill that is automatically max attacking speed, nor will SI work for anyone who already has faster (2) attack speed through booster and/or whatever else their class may offer in terms of speed boosts (ie. it does nothing for BMs, arans, demonslayers, mercs, wildhunters, battlemages, any pally/hero using a pyrope 1h or red katana, or any thief).
---
`.,,.`.`. Chirpy13 .`.`.,,.
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo245/_chirpy13_/Touhou/k3x3e8.jpg
#4reviewmanPosted 12/11/2011 8:05:38 AM
Just steal shadow partner and Hurricane. Of course I have no idea what skills you can steal so that probably wouldn't work.
---
Total games I have reviewed: 0
#5MaplesGrandGMPosted 12/11/2011 8:10:44 AM
Um, the Speed Infusion, Hurricane thing looked more like a, Speed Infusion OR Hurricane thing.

Anyways, just remember, when thinking only for yourself as a Phantom, you can not use more than one skill per tier at a time ever. From my understanding, if you use magic guard, and try to switch to another 1st job skill, Magic Guard vanishes.

When thinking about your party, the same applies to you, but party skills aren't removed from other party members.

Personally, % dmg boost actives would be your best bet for yourself, and if you want charges, lightning (3rd job) + holy (4th job) should stack nicely for you. Not that I'm saying that's the best way to go.
#6Toast_In_ShellPosted 12/11/2011 8:17:33 AM
When I heard of the Phantom's ability to steal skills, and then that he could actually use them permanently, the first thought that entered my mind was HOLY SYMBOL, so I was expecting the TC to have it on his list, the fact that he doesn't worries me, is Holy Symbol a skill that you can't use on the Phantom?
---
All Toasters Toast Ghosts!
#7gamesage53Posted 12/11/2011 9:18:38 AM
Shouldn't Haste be in the second job tier?
---
PSN: gamesage53
Tell me you're from here and the board you were on so I know to add you
#8DengekiStryker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 9:23:34 AM

From: MaplesGrandGM | Posted: 12/11/2011 11:10:44 AM | #005
Um, the Speed Infusion, Hurricane thing looked more like a, Speed Infusion OR Hurricane thing.

This.

Just steal shadow partner and Hurricane. Of course I have no idea what skills you can steal so that probably wouldn't work.

Summons and passives can't be stolen. And Hurricane it is, then.

As for Symbol, it's useful but optional. Extra experience is nice, but it's not the difference between victory and being crushed by falling gravestones.
#9DengekiStryker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 9:26:32 AM

Shouldn't Haste be in the second job tier?

Haste was moved to first job in the thief revamp preceding the release of Phantom. So when Phantom comes to GMS, Haste will be a first job skill.
#10gamesage53Posted 12/11/2011 9:29:07 AM
I didn't even think about skills being changed in the revamp
---
PSN: gamesage53
Tell me you're from here and the board you were on so I know to add you