This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silent Crusade Coins being taken??

#11202103Posted 3/9/2012 2:13:23 PM
I just started the quest line I think? I went to the subway area and killed the red rock spirit or something but as I entered the portal it took all the crusader coins I had. Then when i entered again to see if it was a one time thing it took the two coins I had just gotten! Is this a glitch or something? Anyone have this trouble before?
#2GeminiDeusPosted 3/9/2012 3:11:58 PM
If you defeat the Red Rock, leave his room, then go back inside to fight him, he'll not only not be there but you'll lose your coin(s). Red Rock only drops one coin, though, so you shouldn't have had any more than that if you had just started the quest line.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#3EndgamePosted 3/9/2012 3:42:28 PM
must be some kind of glitch

all my old coins were converted to the new coins, and I got to keep them
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#4GeminiDeusPosted 3/9/2012 4:08:45 PM

must be some kind of glitch

all my old coins were converted to the new coins, and I got to keep them

Yeah, that happens, but he just started the quest line, suggesting he had no coins before, or just 1 coin from the old Silent Crusade. I did what he did on a different character a couple weeks back and lost the coin I had just obtained from Red Rock by going back into its lair. It's a stupid thing for them to have implemented, really.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#5CerraDawnPosted 3/9/2012 4:09:50 PM
It's a fix they did for people who glitched the quest repeatedly to get multiple coins.

You could, in effect, get unlimited coins by forfeiting the quest and going back in because it didn't involve monster portals.
---
El Nido - CuiePatootie
The name's Dennis
#6GeminiDeusPosted 3/9/2012 4:17:14 PM

It's a fix they did for people who glitched the quest repeatedly to get multiple coins.

You could, in effect, get unlimited coins by forfeiting the quest and going back in because it didn't involve monster portals.

The thing is, Red Rock only drops 1 coin >_> Hell, I'm sure it's easy enough to dupe the coins anyway. But whatever, that explanation does make sense.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#71202103(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2012 5:12:47 PM
Ah alright thanks for clarifying! I lost 16 coins overall x.x but least now I know. I had 14 from before the changes and 2 for killing him and finishing the quest xD
#8CerraDawnPosted 3/9/2012 5:44:07 PM
I don't think you can dupe the coins, though. Don't most methods of duping involve putting items into storage, MTS, or shops? You can't do any of that with coins.

But if you wanted to spend enough time forfeiting and OHKOing the boss, you could have surpassed the 45-coin limit. I don't see how it would have been worth it though. Huge pain in the ass and the items aren't as good anymore.

Based on the previous reply, he did this since he stated he had 2 coins from the boss. I imagine that the second time, it takes all of your coins regardless. Maybe when you forfeit the quest.
---
El Nido - CuiePatootie
The name's Dennis
#9FolkenRawrPosted 3/9/2012 8:53:34 PM
45 coin limit? I have like 120...
---
I clean bird**** out of cuckoo clocks for a living.
#10CerraDawnPosted 3/9/2012 9:00:48 PM
Per day. The most I've gotten from the Kentaurus dude is 3. 15 per day limit means 45 coins per day max. (I don't know about Arkarium).

By forfeiting the first quest you could bypass this limit and theoretically get as many as you wanted. That's what I meant.

Related: My Mercedes does not have Coco's card. I fought him in the quest, but one must not have dropped (I tend to loot everything). Is there a place I can find him now? Previously you could find him in Beetle forest or something, but since the revamp is there some way I can get his card? Otherwise I can't get the Silent Crusade Set.
---
El Nido - CuiePatootie
The name's Dennis