i have decided to find all my skillbooks myself

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. i have decided to find all my skillbooks myself
4 years ago#1
there should soon be two more opportunities to obtain free 100% mastery books (apparently from justice updates), meaning that my mercedes main would have 3 skills maxed without me paying any money to anyone

is this goal of self-sufficiency possible? or will maple capitalism prevail?
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Hi
4 years ago#2
So you're going to go out and hunt mystery mastery books until you get the ones you need?

okay whatever have fun
"And it's portable. Come on? The best Kirby game, remade to be portable ALONG with extras? That's like sliced bread with 10 dollars inside." - Noke0
4 years ago#3
The odds of getting a single mystery mastery book are already fairly low, to the point where it might take thousands of kills just to get one.

The odds of getting any particular skill are... 1/221 if my research is right. Might be off, not sure. Guaranteed chance of lower than 1/200.

And then you have to factor in the chance of failing the book.

tl;dr: the odds are so incredibly against you that I'm going to flat-out say you wont succeed in maxing every good skill.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/peekatchu/Other/phainopepla.jpg
4 years ago#4
I'd bet that you could level from 1-200, opening every mystery mastery book you find on the way, and not only probably not get the ones you need, but probably not even get a single one for your class.
Is it elitist to crave efficiency?
4 years ago#5
Only pirates and thieves will be getting the free 100% mastery books from justice.
Thank you BasedGod!
4 years ago#6
Why wasn't this book system abolished in v0.56? It's terrible.
How to post while still counting as lurking (and thus not posting): All you have to do is be me.
4 years ago#7
Good idea but anything worth training on does not drop Skill books.

Nex' owned again!
"No man can walk out on his own show." The spirit of the West - Rango,
El Nido Bow Master
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. i have decided to find all my skillbooks myself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived