This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i have decided to find all my skillbooks myself

#1MisunderstandPosted 5/19/2012 11:07:36 PM
there should soon be two more opportunities to obtain free 100% mastery books (apparently from justice updates), meaning that my mercedes main would have 3 skills maxed without me paying any money to anyone

is this goal of self-sufficiency possible? or will maple capitalism prevail?
---
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Hi
#2Spark_FlashPosted 5/19/2012 11:38:12 PM
So you're going to go out and hunt mystery mastery books until you get the ones you need?

okay whatever have fun
---
"And it's portable. Come on? The best Kirby game, remade to be portable ALONG with extras? That's like sliced bread with 10 dollars inside." - Noke0
#3PhainopeplaPosted 5/20/2012 12:19:28 AM
The odds of getting a single mystery mastery book are already fairly low, to the point where it might take thousands of kills just to get one.

The odds of getting any particular skill are... 1/221 if my research is right. Might be off, not sure. Guaranteed chance of lower than 1/200.

And then you have to factor in the chance of failing the book.

tl;dr: the odds are so incredibly against you that I'm going to flat-out say you wont succeed in maxing every good skill.
---
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/peekatchu/Other/phainopepla.jpg
#4TaiketoPosted 5/20/2012 1:20:26 AM
I'd bet that you could level from 1-200, opening every mystery mastery book you find on the way, and not only probably not get the ones you need, but probably not even get a single one for your class.
---
Is it elitist to crave efficiency?
#5WavyNoobSaucePosted 5/20/2012 5:57:14 AM
Only pirates and thieves will be getting the free 100% mastery books from justice.
---
Thank you BasedGod!
#6bast999Posted 5/20/2012 6:12:24 AM
Why wasn't this book system abolished in v0.56? It's terrible.
---
How to post while still counting as lurking (and thus not posting): All you have to do is be me.
#7pikamemnonPosted 5/20/2012 6:52:14 AM
Good idea but anything worth training on does not drop Skill books.

Nex' owned again!
---
"No man can walk out on his own show." The spirit of the West - Rango,
El Nido Bow Master