This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

maplestory is a virus?!

#1uprising-postsPosted 6/8/2012 9:52:18 AM
Hello people,

I want to play maplestory because it's a nice mmorpg. But when i tried to download it this afternoon my (AVG free) virus detector sad the EMG file (or somthing like that) was a trojan horse virus. So I deleted it quickly and browsed on the internet to find a awnser to my question: is maplestory a virus? But coulnt find any usefull awsers. So pls tell me the truth, is MS a virus or is it dangerous to my laptop?

And if you download maplestory it also installes a security program that protects "something" but I dont know why, do you know what I mean? But my question about this little "program" is: would it be OK if I deleate it? Because I dont trust that program because it is always on and watches everything i do. And I just dont trust that.

#2Vysaga88Posted 6/8/2012 10:00:23 AM
I think you mean Black Cypher. Yeah, it's as useless as hackshield and spies on you. Suffice it to say, Nexon's not very considerate towards their customers. But the game being labeled a virus might just be a false positive based on how parts of it work.
#3Vysaga88Posted 6/8/2012 10:01:30 AM
Oh, don't delete it, though. Unless you're a hacker. If not, they'll just ban you for it. You have to deal with it if you want to Maple, or see if there's any pizza slices that don't use it.
#4uprising-posts(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 10:26:46 AM
So it REALY is NOT a virus?

Sorry i trust my AVG to much ;P
#5Bokothechoco2Posted 6/8/2012 10:41:28 AM
You shouldn't, AVG is a piece of ****,
---
http://i.imgur.com/leQje.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
#6Ephemeral_BeingPosted 6/8/2012 12:42:21 PM
You might mean Pando. That's safe to uninstall.

Leave the other two, though.
---
Coniido, 19X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 16X Bishop
#7Vysaga88Posted 6/8/2012 2:29:27 PM
Avira or Avast are better alternatives t AVG.
#8MezmorizorPosted 6/9/2012 2:13:49 PM
Microsoft Security Essentials>any antivirus names given in this topic
---
what are "herpes"~samuelskip
#9sega31098Posted 6/9/2012 4:16:45 PM
It's not.
---
[This signature was not and never will be removed at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10MezmorizorPosted 6/10/2012 7:47:57 AM
sega31098 posted...
It's not.

It really is, better scanning and it's less resource heavy. The only knock on it is that it's a slow scanner, but if you have a virus the scan speed is not something you should be worrying about.
---
what are "herpes"~samuelskip