This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jett Skills: Which is better?

#21akira595Posted 7/5/2012 11:17:20 AM
Good players will look to the future, as well as the present. Future changes to the game may make Drone a core Jett skill. Ruling it out for the sake of a negligable damage increase is a poor decision for any long term Jett to make.

If Jetts skills ever get changed like that, Nexon will more than likely give reset scrolls anyway, so he might as well max gamma missile now and just change it later.
---
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."
#22HowatizerPosted 7/5/2012 3:33:14 PM
Oh yeah Vysaga... you shouldnt mess with Sally`s far sighted logic. He totally called MoNs being sockatble and Diablo 3`s inferno difficulty being beatable by 1 out of 100000... oh wait....

Lvl 174 Jett now and Drone is still as useless as ever and even if this was ever changed there would likely be a SP reset involved.

Think about it.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#23ATLFalconsVick7Posted 7/5/2012 3:50:13 PM
How is this an argument? Two of these skills are used even into 4th job due to them having functions outside of pure damage. The third is replaced in functionality by not one, but two attacking skills, one of which is designed exclusively for bossing, the other of which is a pure DPS skill. The idea that somebody brought up the idea of hitting the cap with Rapid Fire but still being able to increase your DPS with Drone Blast is really quite silly, considering the fact that Drone blast only hits 1.06666667 times faster than Rapid Fire, AND it has significantly lower range, leaving you even more vulnerable to attacks when you could just be alternating Rapid Fire and Brain Scrambler.

Drone Blast isn't useless, but it is far from a necessary-to-max skill. You want to max Turret Deployment for SURE and max Gamma Missile for a nice boost to damage while mobbing. The difference between Lv 11 Gamma and maxed Gamma is 72% damage...not huge, but still helpful to get that extra damage while rounding up mobs to kill.
---
I don't know how to change my name. Until I figure it out (or indefinitely), call me Kayoh.
#24saLUEtesPosted 7/5/2012 5:48:50 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
saLUEtes posted...
What is being gambled? A negligible damage difference in a utility skill?

You're right bro, I'm sure your GM doing 735% instead of 700% will transform your Jett from weak to powerful!

And I'm sure those extra points into Drone Blast make you oh so much better, right? Oh wait, Rapid Fire automatically replaces it at Lv 120. How do you know that Gamma Missile won't be changed to be more useful? The explosion glitch with it is pretty amusing, that's for sure. (May not be useful, but I found it entertaining at least.)

Just blindly follow those percentages bro! You will be a great Maple Story player for sure!

The fact is that so few people seem to understand that the game is constantly updated. Yes - RF is a stronger 1 v 1 skill to use right now, nobody has said otherwise. In the future, circumstances may arise where Drone is a better skill to use. Thinking that any game change which gives a skill new use will also come with an SP reset is pretty dim.

As I said before, understanding that this is a constantly changing game is what seperates the great Maple Story players from the mediocre. These players incapable of thinking about the big picture are also the first to whine and complain about every single update to the game.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#25GeminiDeusPosted 7/5/2012 5:52:37 PM
When those future changes come, we'll more than likely receive SP resets, so don't even worry about it now.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#26saLUEtesPosted 7/5/2012 5:57:32 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
When those future changes come, we'll more than likely receive SP resets, so don't even worry about it now.

Disregard this logic, OP. Some people can't understand that there are things beyond skill changes that can change the viability of an attack.
---
#27GeminiDeusPosted 7/5/2012 6:06:10 PM
GeminiDeus posted...

Disregard this logic, OP. Some people can't understand that there are things beyond skill changes that can change the viability of an attack.

This was in response to your post, saying how the game is constantly updated, not to basakboy regarding how to do his skill build.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#28tsunamisurfer08Posted 7/5/2012 6:18:36 PM
saLUEtes posted...
Just blindly follow those percentages bro! You will be a great Maple Story player for sure!

The fact is that so few people seem to understand that the game is constantly updated. Yes - RF is a stronger 1 v 1 skill to use right now, nobody has said otherwise. In the future, circumstances may arise where Drone is a better skill to use. Thinking that any game change which gives a skill new use will also come with an SP reset is pretty dim.

As I said before, understanding that this is a constantly changing game is what seperates the great Maple Story players from the mediocre. These players incapable of thinking about the big picture are also the first to whine and complain about every single update to the game.

I love watching you kill your own arguments.
---
"The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness."
-Joseph Conrad
#29saLUEtesPosted 7/5/2012 9:20:21 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
I love watching you kill your own arguments.

Well done, you have proven you can read. Unfortunately you have also proven comprehension is not quite yet mastered. You are thus eligible to receive the same advice sumguy9000 received - try not to post if you're not quite sure what's going on.

GeminiDeus posted...
This was in response to your post, saying how the game is constantly updated, not to basakboy regarding how to do his skill build.

I am well aware
---