This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New class questions

#1forrestzK08Posted 7/7/2012 10:37:48 PM
How many are coming out? what is an estimated time frame? Will they be as amazing as the last 3 when they were first released?
---
"Rawr doesn't mean I love you in dinosaur. Have you ever seen Jarrasic Park? It mean I want to f****** eat you!"
#2MasterX2417Posted 7/8/2012 12:01:59 AM
Well only 2 new characters are coming out for us (GMS) . Jett has already been released and its our exclusive class and the 4th Hero Phantom is being released Monday the 9th. In my opinion Jett is pretty cool considering I've never really liked Pirate class before where as others will tell you that its a class with a mashup of alot of other classes skills. Phantom is another story .
---
"What about a faster car?"" If you're important people will wait on you."
#3dimsum8000Posted 7/8/2012 12:41:18 AM
Jett is a revamped Sair with triple jump that's gimped by having quickly replaced Brawler mobbing skills in place of a few more useful buffs/passives. Once pirates get their revamp, Sairs will be superior.

Phantom is a Thief with way too many actives, so good luck juggling them all.

Later on Mikhail will be released in about 3 months, and he's basically a Dawn Warrior with flash jump and a 4th job.

In 6 months Luminous will come out. He's a Light/Dark mage, possibly the Black Magician himself. He can also choose between L and D, but what effect the choice has won't be known until around the 12th.

After Luminous, in the same set of Tempest patches, there's also supposed to be a Dragon Slayer class that uses swords, and a new pirate that nobody knows anything about.

Personally, unless the new pirate is balls to the walls awesome, the only classes I'm excited about are Mikhail (because finally a flash jumping warrior that doesn't get nerfed) and Dragon Slayer (because everything's better with DRAGONS). Jett's a gimped Sair, Phantom's got too many actives for a gamepad and Luminous is as boring as every other mage. Also, Nexon hates pirates.
#4zeldalordPosted 7/8/2012 9:36:38 AM
dimsum8000 posted...
Jett is a revamped Sair with triple jump that's gimped by having quickly replaced Brawler mobbing skills in place of a few more useful buffs/passives. Once pirates get their revamp, Sairs will be superior.

Later on Mikhail will be released in about 3 months, and he's basically a Dawn Warrior with flash jump and a 4th job.

In 6 months Luminous will come out. He's a Light/Dark mage, possibly the Black Magician himself. He can also choose between L and D, but what effect the choice has won't be known until around the 12th.

After Luminous, in the same set of Tempest patches, there's also supposed to be a Dragon Slayer class that uses swords, and a new pirate that nobody knows anything about.

Personally, unless the new pirate is balls to the walls awesome, the only classes I'm excited about are Mikhail (because finally a flash jumping warrior that doesn't get nerfed) and Dragon Slayer (because everything's better with DRAGONS). Jett's a gimped Sair, Phantom's got too many actives for a gamepad and Luminous is as boring as every other mage. Also, Nexon hates pirates.

You're doing it wrong. And even if you insist on using a gamepad, programs like xpadder allow you to setup a layout toggle or cycle which means you can put actives on one set, then hold down a trigger and wow passives on another set =| And with how frequently you need to use the mouse in this game a gamepad is just a horrible choice to play with.

And lets not get into how boring a mage is, warriors are far more boring.
---
XBL - Gamertag: Zeldalord
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein.
#5GreatBioticWindPosted 7/8/2012 12:12:13 PM
zeldalord posted...
dimsum8000 posted...

You're doing it wrong. And even if you insist on using a gamepad, programs like xpadder allow you to setup a layout toggle or cycle which means you can put actives on one set, then hold down a trigger and wow passives on another set =| And with how frequently you need to use the mouse in this game a gamepad is just a horrible choice to play with.

And lets not get into how boring a mage is, warriors are far more boring.

Maplestory is actually one of my favorite PC games to play with a gamepad. It works rather well with the 2D sidescrolling world IMO. And yes, the mouse is used frequently, but hardly ever when training. But that's just my preference.
#6sumgai9000Posted 7/8/2012 3:50:01 PM
warriors are far more boring.

Clearly, you've never played a Demon Slayer. They were fun AND strong, the perfect class. Which is why everyone hates them, and I hate everyone for being bass ackwards. Dragon Slayer should be even better.

But you're right, the original pre-bang warriors are most definitely the worst classes ever. Not the strongest, not the sturdiest, not the fastest, they are truly in need of an actual revamp. They should be the most broken class in the game, putting other to shame with their strength, speed and survivability. Like Demon Slayer. And we all know how that turned out. "OMG SO OP NERF NERF NERF NERF!"

I don't want that part of the MapleStory community to live on this planet anymore. They're why we can't have fun, enjoyable classes. To hell with game balance. The game needs better classes!