This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good grinding spot for lv 116 Evan?

#21xbombrPosted 7/30/2012 8:28:13 PM
FamedMimicGogo posted...
A lot of new content? You mean...Aliens? The alternative to MP3 and LHC for a 20 to 30 levels?

PQs aren't listed either and there are a ton of good pqs in third job.

I practically pq'd my way through the 110s on my Blaze Wizard because I started to hate aliens and I couldn't find anything at LHC.
---
FAIL WAR! Let's do it! I'll warn you... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! - Deprece
#22sumgai9000Posted 7/30/2012 10:44:16 PM
There's a sticky for this.

But to answer the question, quests are the best grinding spot.
#23Jeric735Posted 7/30/2012 10:52:21 PM
xbombr posted...
FamedMimicGogo posted...
A lot of new content? You mean...Aliens? The alternative to MP3 and LHC for a 20 to 30 levels?

I practically pq'd my way through the 110s on my Blaze Wizard because I started to hate aliens and I couldn't find anything at LHC.

I assume it's just because PQs have always been a reliable source of EXP and they're not really regarded in the same way as "grind spots," probably because there's no level limit to them unlike there is with a grind spot.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w399/Jeric-S/mano2012poster.png
#24xbombrPosted 7/31/2012 1:32:01 AM
Jeric735 posted...
xbombr posted...
FamedMimicGogo posted...

I assume it's just because PQs have always been a reliable source of EXP and they're not really regarded in the same way as "grind spots," probably because there's no level limit to them unlike there is with a grind spot.

Back when the sticky was made, PQs weren't a reliable source of xp.

Even good ones like the old monster carnival pq have huge problems (like finding 2 parties to do rombot grinds and reliable trade wins with). Dojo was bad xp. I'm pretty sure people only did ludi for the glasses. Pypq was crap unless you were an aran.

I think several of these were disabled in the chaos patch too. I know pypq was gone for a long time.

I'm not saying it needs to be updated because the spots in it are still relevant, but PQing and aliens are the best xp in the level range OP is asking about and they aren't in the sticky because they weren't sources of xp when it was made. The sticky lacks good alternatives to LHC in this level range because there weren't any at the time it was made, but there are some decent ones now.
---
FAIL WAR! Let's do it! I'll warn you... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! - Deprece
#25Jeric735Posted 7/31/2012 7:33:25 AM(edited)
xbombr posted...
Jeric735 posted...
xbombr posted...
FamedMimicGogo posted...

Back when the sticky was made, PQs weren't a reliable source of xp.

Even good ones like the old monster carnival pq have huge problems (like finding 2 parties to do rombot grinds and reliable trade wins with). Dojo was bad xp. I'm pretty sure people only did ludi for the glasses. Pypq was crap unless you were an aran.

I think several of these were disabled in the chaos patch too. I know pypq was gone for a long time.

I'm not saying it needs to be updated because the spots in it are still relevant, but PQing and aliens are the best xp in the level range OP is asking about and they aren't in the sticky because they weren't sources of xp when it was made. The sticky lacks good alternatives to LHC in this level range because there weren't any at the time it was made, but there are some decent ones now.

Oh. Well I was gone from the beginning of BB to the start of the Legends events, so I stand corrected..
---
#26saLUEtesPosted 7/31/2012 8:10:30 AM
Just ignore them OP.

I always smile when I see people get upset purely because someone asks a question on a message board.

As a very old board veteran let me give you some advice: feel free to always ask any question you like - you will definitely get some jerks, but there are enough nice people here who will spend 30 seconds to answer your question.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#27saLUEtesPosted 7/31/2012 8:17:19 AM
xbombr posted...

Just a bit of interesting back information: there was drama when the sticky was being made because the author was so incredibly inexperienced - at the time of posting it, he hadn't even been to LHC yet. How long does it take to get to 110?

You'll see my name is in the credits because I tried to help by giving some input on LHC (which he hopelessly accused of being wrong, even though he had never set foot in the area).

Long story short - I don't blame anyone for not bothering with the sticky.
---
#28Jeric735Posted 7/31/2012 7:44:38 PM
saLUEtes posted...
Long story short - I don't blame anyone for not bothering with the sticky.

It says "Training Guide" and it's stickied.
It's totally been stickied because it is not useful nor accurate.
---
#29saLUEtesPosted 7/31/2012 8:02:26 PM
Jeric735 posted...
It says "Training Guide" and it's stickied.
It's totally been stickied because it is not useful nor accurate.

It was stickied because the sticky that existed prior was incredibly outdated. Out of all the MS knowledgeable people on the board, the author would not be on that list. It was very poor quality by my standards (with knowledgeable people alongside me urging the author to drop it), and the only reason it got stickied was because it was the only alternative to the (IIRC) pre-BB sticky that was already there.

As I said - I don't blame anyone for not bothering with it.

I understand why you'd cherish it though - if it weren't there, you wouldn't be able to pointlessly attack posters who asked questions, right?
---
#30Dark Young LinkPosted 7/31/2012 9:32:02 PM
We should probably make a new sticky.

Naturally we won't be consiering people who can spend enough money to get to 200 in a day or two.

Perhaps we could also add in something relating to money gain when it comes to the training spots. Aka "Jesters give out wonderful exp, but don't drop anything valuable" or whatever.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/darkyounglinkshieldpngyg.png
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga