This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Corsair vs Jett, who is king of the pirates?

#1pikamemnonPosted 8/22/2012 6:02:30 AM
This is not as one sided as you might think. While Jett gets some heat for being a move copier and Corsairs have had an identity crisis for years, both classes have some good things going for them.

Jett
Learns a self healing HP and MP skill fairly early
Breaks the speed cap by a lot. (up to 200)

Corsair
Helpful summons
Buffs favor raising overall damage

Of course there is more to it than the things that I listed but the ultimate winner is both of them depending on how long you want to play. Because of godly mobbing ability in 2nd job (thanks to the vertical range of Shockwave/ Static Thumper) between thsese two, Jett would be the best class to play from levels 1 - 120.

If you plan to go beyond 120+ though, Corsair wins because all of those little ATT buffs throughout the jobs finally add up and there is not a lot Jett can do to ever catch back up.

I like both classes but the choice becomes, would you rather have passive healing forever (which does save countless pots) or the ability to call giant Octopi at will? (style and substance is a hard combination to beat)
---
"All of these jobs are racist against people who dont have skills!." Luanne - King of the Hill,
El Nido Bow Master
#2EndgamePosted 8/22/2012 10:31:15 AM
Corsair wins in the end due to Pirate's Dignity
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#3pikmintaroPosted 8/22/2012 11:51:57 AM
Corsair is more Piratey, the skills don't matter, Jett is more like a high tech Mechanic.
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#4DeidaraHmmPosted 8/22/2012 12:07:14 PM
Endgame posted...
Corsair wins in the end due to Pirate's Dignity

He asked which one was the king of the pirates, not which one had one random useless skill that has nothing to do with either of them being pirates.

And Corsair obviously since Jett isn't a Pirate at all (Just call her a Space Cowgirl or something.)
---
You've heard of the Golden rule right? the one with the gold makes the rules?
#5EndgamePosted 8/22/2012 12:10:45 PM(edited)
yeah, you're right, my answer has nothing to do with his post of comparing the classes' skills.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6HowatizerPosted 8/22/2012 12:27:54 PM
Endgame posted...
yeah, you're right, my answer has nothing to do with his post of comparing the classes' skills.....

The relevance of your first post was off anyways... In the OP TC already said Sairs win in 4th job cause of all the damage buffs and was asking what people thought of Jetts and Sairs lvl 1-120.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#7tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/22/2012 1:24:06 PM
The passive healing isn't really a strong selling point either. I can get a Platoon Chronos to do that, and cover my whole party as well.
---
"The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness."
-Joseph Conrad
#8BkzUziPosted 8/22/2012 8:21:57 PM
Buccs
#9pikamemnon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 10:14:30 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Buccs

Sorry pal but they are only the drunken day laborers of the crew. Kidding aside though, I would like to hear from a Brawler expert or two about the best points of their class.
---
"All of these jobs are racist against people who dont have skills!." Luanne - King of the Hill,
El Nido Bow Master
#10DarkHeroZXPosted 8/23/2012 9:48:57 PM
pikamemnon posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Buccs

Sorry pal but they are only the drunken day laborers of the crew. Kidding aside though, I would like to hear from a Brawler expert or two about the best points of their class.

the best part of bucc is gone, going super sayian. We are exactly like warriors now but with higher DPS due to speed. However it is a more expensive class due to knuckles having low weapon attack. Also warriors still have their buffs
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta