This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to get the boxes / Tempest Coins?

#1TwilightRaverPosted 12/7/2012 11:55:26 PM
I really want to get as much things from the Tempest stores as I can, but I'm not really sure what I should be doing the most, either the daily repeatable quests or just straight up hunting for the boxes to open.

For the latter, what would be the best map with the best spawn that drops the boxes?
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#2PhainopeplaPosted 12/8/2012 12:25:02 AM
I believe they only drop from things around your level, so....go to things your level.

There are three types of event boxes dropping right now, so they're worth farming. The Christmas boxes suck, but they have a decent chance to have coins. The Tempest boxes can have advanced awakening stamps, which is great, beyond the chance for coins. The summer boxes can also have coins and maybe a good polearm, but that's it.

If you can't actively play, afk on a Luminous for 4 coins every half an hour.

Also, be sure to log in to as many characters as you feel like. The event goes on for long enough that the coins will definitely build up.

Beyond that, the daily repeatable quests are filler. But they help and sort of break the monotony.
---
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/peekatchu/Other/phainopepla.jpg
#3Gannondorf 23Posted 12/8/2012 12:39:18 AM(edited)
Yeah I've been getting about 50 Tempest Coins a day. My Lumi is only Lv 45 but I've been picking up all the boxes while leveling and while AFKing I've been doing the repeatable quest that rewards you 4 TCs if you stay logged in for 30 minutes.

The event ends Feb 12th or so, so you have plenty of time. At this rate I would be able to make around 3000. >_>

I forgot if the blue Summer/Winter boxes give TCs but I doubt it's a good source. The Christmas red ones, however, don't suck. :P
I think they're the ones that gave me the Snow Fur Cape and all the scrolls. 20+ Int cape with 4MA isn't bad. I'll still have time to try for a 6MA and ~20 Int Cape. Don't plan on
#4basakboyPosted 12/8/2012 12:40:51 AM
that's 1000 coins per new character. more than enough to have a complete set each.
---

When the going gets tough, they call on the sons of ******s.
#5TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:48:02 AM
The other thing is, I've filled up the gourd on my Hero and Corsair and only got two coins each time, while on my Luminous I got four coins.

It lead me to believe that you only get four coins if you're in second job, three if you're in third, and two if you're in fourth.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#6basakboyPosted 12/8/2012 1:17:37 AM
or newly created chars get 4 coins each.
---

When the going gets tough, they call on the sons of ******s.
#7pikmintaroPosted 12/8/2012 2:04:54 AM
"Best way to get the boxes / Tempest Coins?"

NOT WITH THE CHRISTMAS STAMP QUEST!!!

I just got 100 of them, and she gave me one measly coin, it was annoying considering how rare those stamps drop (And considering how easy it is to get the coins from the tempest quests, and randomly from the boxes.)

Although I guess I should have expected that since she said she would give 1 coin for every 100 stamps found, I was hoping it was just a typo after seeing how infrequently they drop, but oh well!
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#8KaosMKVIIIPosted 12/8/2012 4:22:14 AM
iirc any of the characters coming out get double the coins, my luminous had around 120 after day 1 because i came back every half hour for the tempest gourd, plus killing 200 monsteers
---
QuartzRocket - 14x Mercedes - Khaini
WoW - Steamwheedle Cartel