This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

confused a bit about Lumi skills

#1gamerazPosted 12/8/2012 2:30:15 AM
Why did they reverse MGaurd and MP boost? I think its idiotic that you had to ACTIVATE a skill that increases your MAX MP, but on the other hand you will always absorb 85% of the dmg to MP (which is un-dispell-able anyway).

Also, it's basically a poor-man's HB, even halved in power.

2nd : Whats the deal with the dark orbs passive skill? It's so random... I don't get hit, nothing happens, I get hit, an orb appears, I get hit again it vanishes, I don't get hit the orb stays put, never adding more. I ignore it for some time and SUDDENLY 1 more orb or 2 appear.

3rd : Lunar Tide. What's with this skill? it says it either increases my Crit % by 30 or Dmg by 20%, based on my MP, but if I have 100% MP or 0% MP it only increases Crit %. What gives?

Also, it's a weaker version of other passives from previous chars, who have the same skill only it increased BOTH Crit. % and Dmg, no conditions.

Also ; among the light and dark actives, which should I max? I know both become useless in 4th job but I enjoy using the Light Skill now, but I also feel as if the Dark skill could be more useful to me (Say, I just wanna hang around and kill stuff, no pressure)

And lastly : Which 4th job book should I choose? I have Magic Mastery 20 and 30, and if they will not work I WILL choose the Event book one, but if they DO work I don't really know whats the next best skill.
I don't like the Active skills, cuz even 1 point is enough for them to rule the world, and he doesn't have good buffs / passives that need the book... What did you choose?
---
3DS FC : 0817 3837 1548
PM so I can add you too!
#2tsunamisurfer08Posted 12/8/2012 7:14:19 AM
gameraz posted...
Why did they reverse MGaurd and MP boost? I think its idiotic that you had to ACTIVATE a skill that increases your MAX MP, but on the other hand you will always absorb 85% of the dmg to MP (which is un-dispell-able anyway).

Personally I don't mind the change. You can live with forgetting to cast the extra MP skill. You forget Guard one time and you're toast.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#3gameraz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:05:15 AM
if you macro it to other skills, you cant "forget it"
Also, I think it goes on for full 5 minutes, so it's plenty of time to re-cast.

However, filling that MP gap (from 17k to like 24k) is annoying (JR. Boogie helps a lot, but still, annoying)
---
PM so I can add you too!
#4MonkeySeraphPosted 12/8/2012 10:46:44 AM
shrug my Evan card prevents this from ever being a problem so undispelable MG is awesome since I can't possibly use 1200 mp in 60 seconds my mp is almost always near full.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#5gameraz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:14:01 PM
I still don't know which 4th job book I should choose...
Either the "Chain LIGHTning" skill or the 2 buff skills (the one that ignores DEF and the one that gives increased DMG per hit)

Your thoughts?
---
PM so I can add you too!
#6kirbydude385Posted 12/8/2012 12:19:54 PM
either of the two buffs are good. your preference

i believe you can max everything first job, so thats not an issue. dont max the skill that knocks monsters back for second job, and dont max the skill that heals you in third job
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: XigbarsHoe, XolvanoraX, Zweilous2