This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

blacklist question

#1kirbydude385Posted 12/28/2012 12:01:22 PM
if you put someone on your blacklist, that means you dont see them or get any of their text on your screen. so basically they are gone from your world

however is the reverse true? if i put someone on my blacklist do they not see me?
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: XigbarsHoe, XolvanoraX, Zweilous2
#2TwilightRaverPosted 12/28/2012 1:17:04 PM
It just means they can't contact you in any way other than directly, which is to say being in the same map.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#3kirbydude385(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:48:58 PM
well that sucks
---
#4Torgo_Posted 12/28/2012 5:04:18 PM
Are there any MMOs with a blacklist that somehow make the person you are ignoring disappear completely from the world?

*Checks on Google

Well it looks like for pretty much any game putting someone on the blacklist blocks messages from them (There is something similar for telephones apparently that rejects calls from certain people.), I don't know why you assumed it would erase them from existence for you _

well that sucks

Why? because the blacklist doesn't do something that has never done in any other game? _ that might work for the Gamefaqs ignore list, but I'd imagine it would be a hell of a thing to program in a game, especially considering what if they are on the same map as you attacking monsters you would be ks'd by an invisible person? if you put a hacker on your blacklist and you are on the same map as them would you expect the effects of their vac hack to disappear just because you blacklisted them? think logically man videogames don't work that way and you shouldn't have expected them to! _
---
There is no way out of here... it'll be dark soon... there is no way out of here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s9OC6rzAA
#5kirbydude385(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:37:30 AM
more like this guy who is mentally unstable is constantly following me and b****ing about how his life is horrible and im fed up with him? he tracks me down and constantly whispers me

ive never played another MMO so why should i know what the standard for blacklists are? dont be such a damn elitist
---
#6Dark Young LinkPosted 12/29/2012 1:34:59 PM
Calm down. No one's being an elitist.

Anyway, the blacklist doesn't make you invisible but as stated it does make it impossible for them to contact you non directly. Additionally, I believe that blacklist prevents you from being /find by that person.

If he somehow finds you despite that, ignore him or fight in a mini dungeon.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/darkyounglinkshieldpngyg.png
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga