This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angelic Busters 2nd job sucked

#1CHS_RICHPosted 1/13/2013 12:58:00 AM
The charging concept by far is one of the stupidest features in this game in my opinion and I can't remember the last time leveling was this tedious on a new class. I'm happy it only took hours but damn
#2PhainopeplaPosted 1/13/2013 1:01:03 AM
It gradually becomes less and less of an issue.

But yeah, 2nd job ABs blow chunks. I honestly can't think of another class that goes back to its first job attack to keep leveling.
---
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/peekatchu/Other/phainopepla.jpg
#3GeminiDeusPosted 1/13/2013 10:06:35 AM
The charging system makes up for the lack of MP, which for Tear/Angelic Buster is appropriate for her story-wise. But as Plainopepla said, it becomes less and less of an issue as you advance.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#4kirbydude385Posted 1/13/2013 12:39:44 PM
im find it more of an issue in 4th job than 3rd, but i havent put any points into Affinty IV yet (and i frankly dont quite understand what it does)
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#5Labyrinth TankPosted 1/13/2013 1:07:53 PM
I would much rather have MP than have to deal with the recharge thing. It does get better, but it throws you off every time. I just went back to my Kaiser because it was just too frustrating to train.

And for Affinity IV, it will retry the recharge chance one more time if a skill fails to recharge. So if you fail to recharge with Celestial Roar which has a 50% chance to recharge, Affinity IV will give it another 50% chance to recharge.
---
"Did you avenge me? Awesome!" - Kargon
#6HowatizerPosted 1/13/2013 1:36:30 PM
Ha ha wow, Angelic Buster gets a simple cooldown/recharge mechanic and it makes everyone cry... seriously it is not difficult to manage. It requires paying a little attention at first then becomes a non-issue in 4th job after Affinity is Maxed... all you have to do is use one other skill and the majority of the time you get a recharge.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#7AgentParanoiaPosted 1/13/2013 1:53:12 PM
Phainopepla posted...
It gradually becomes less and less of an issue.

But yeah, 2nd job ABs blow chunks. I honestly can't think of another class that goes back to its first job attack to keep leveling.

It can't be any worse than trying to level a gunslinger when they first came out.
---
Words
#8CHS_RICH(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:32:09 PM(edited)
Howatizer posted...
Ha ha wow, Angelic Buster gets a simple cooldown/recharge mechanic and it makes everyone cry... seriously it is not difficult to manage. It requires paying a little attention at first then becomes a non-issue in 4th job after Affinity is Maxed... all you have to do is use one other skill and the majority of the time you get a recharge.

Honestly I was hoping every class started playing more fluid like Mercedes or pre-nerf Mechanics with Atomic Drills and summons minus the delays. To elaborate, the charge mechanic slows down the pace I like to train at.
I don't like to look at the UI to see if my skill recharged again and I hated having to continue using the first job skill to recharge. I also disliked not being able to jump while using it though, the ability to shoot vertically under platforms helped somewhat.
It doesn't really matter in the long run because we level so fast now but there's a lot of small things I believe that can be improved on. That is to say, pre 110 is the only part of the game where you are forced almost to train in a variety of different maps, and for me it's the most enjoyable part of the game. That's where I would like the skills to be more varied and room for creativity. This system makes me feel limited
#9MisunderstandPosted 1/13/2013 3:33:13 PM
In third job I find myself just using hammer since most things die in one hit from it anyway
they also feel considerably weaker than luminous, where in third job you could just spam spectral light and destroy everything since only 1 hit from it is necessary to kill whatever you're killing but the attack hits 8 times instead
---
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Hi
#10HowatizerPosted 1/13/2013 4:17:09 PM(edited)
CHS_RICH posted...
Howatizer posted...

Honestly I was hoping every class started playing more fluid like Mercedes or pre-nerf Mechanics with Atomic Drills and summons minus the delays. To elaborate, the charge mechanic slows down the pace I like to train at.
I don't like to look at the UI to see if my skill recharged again and I hated having to continue using the first job skill to recharge. I also disliked not being able to jump while using it though, the ability to shoot vertically under platforms helped somewhat.
It doesn't really matter in the long run because we level so fast now but there's a lot of small things I believe that can be improved on. That is to say, pre 110 is the only part of the game where you are forced almost to train in a variety of different maps, and for me it's the most enjoyable part of the game. That's where I would like the skills to be more varied and room for creativity. This system makes me feel limited

I can appreciate where you are coming from. But I enjoy the system. It requires you finding a nice flow between your skills to be effective and a refreshing change from one or two skill spam that all the other classes in Maple share.

The biggest flaw was that 2nd job attacks are essentially useless but the Star Bubble more then makes up for it.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917