This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend is about to dump $200 dollars into this game.

#11arcnovaPosted 2/24/2013 9:52:35 PM
Mezmorizor posted...
He needs to do 3 things:

1. Be good

2. Post a ton of music videos. At least one video once every two weeks.

3. Not waste his time on stupid popularity stunts.

Seriously, being known in a MMO won't do anything for a music career.

and if he needs fans from a crappy online game, odds are hes not a very talented musician any way
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#12Toast_In_ShellPosted 2/24/2013 10:58:54 PM
Your friend is going to have to take out a loan for Maplestory godhood d00d.

and if he needs fans from a crappy online game, odds are hes not a very talented musician any way

Hey we're talking about Maplestory not World of Snorecraft, come on d00d.

BA DUM TISH!!!

But seriously where are all these Warcraft fanboys coming from and saying that Maplestory is crappy? if you don't like it then stay off the board, although it is pretty funny to see the huge amount of content that Nexon has given us to make the game as fun and accessible as possible, and yet people will still call it "crappy" but Americans are pretty spoiled and immature so it's to be expected I guess, that's just the community being selfish about the game.
---
All Toasters Toast Ghosts!
#13SSj7CloudSPosted 2/25/2013 12:21:03 AM
Holy_Pumpkin posted...
Well it's not even completely for the fun factor. He's kind of in a "I want to waste money into a game and become ultra powerful ez mode and gain popularity to promote social media/youtube/twitter/tumblr." He's trying to get as much fans as possible in preparation for his music debut online. He already has tens of thousands of followers on tumblr and twitter.

Now I know it'd be a better investment to put that $450 into other equipment and resources, but yeah.. He's silly.

So $450. Not worth using as a jumpstart into becoming OP in this game? I'll let him know.

It's honestly not. The people saying $1,000+? It sounds like they're kidding...they're not. Besides if he has that kind of following on twitter, tumblr and wherever else, this game is not the way to boost that popularity further.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#14arcnovaPosted 2/25/2013 2:08:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15arcnovaPosted 2/25/2013 3:05:42 AM
Toast_In_Shell posted...

BA DUM TISH!!!

But seriously where are all these Warcraft fanboys coming from and saying that Maplestory is crappy? if you don't like it then stay off the board, although it is pretty funny to see the huge amount of content that Nexon has given us to make the game as fun and accessible as possible, and yet people will still call it "crappy" but Americans are pretty spoiled and immature so it's to be expected I guess, that's just the community being selfish about the game.

hey,. i dont play world of warcrap, i actually play maple quite alot been playing since ludi was first released on and off from then til now, like 2-3 hours a day usually, so i know what im saying when i say this game is utter garbage
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#16Holy_Pumpkin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:07:34 AM
He's actually a very talented musician and has a great studio set up in his own house and everything. It's not so much that he was really banking on this idea to increase his following, he just wanted to become godly in an mmo while at the same time making it somewhat worth it (even if by the slightest) by adding to his fan base.

Thanks for all the info though doods, lol. Let this message reach to anyone else who's looking into playing this game.

You'd need 1000 minimum to even be considered good. 10k+ is godly now.

Yikes.
---
...then I turn it into a sexy dance.
kind of a big deal.
#17KaosMKVIIIPosted 2/25/2013 7:04:03 AM
Toast_In_Shell posted...

BA DUM TISH!!!

i play wow, and i my input on the matter is that for $15 a month, with a little dedication, i can gear out an entire character within maybe 1-2 months (total possibly: 30 dollars) without paying any extra fees for equipment, IN AN MMO.

any character i make in WoW feels and plays differently, with a different set of skills. for me to want to play a new character, all i need is time and i will eventually get the gear that people already have that's 'godly' myself.

in maplestory, i make one character, and i blow $1000 on NX to make a single character decent, while realizing that leveling means nothing because the challenge of end game bosses is to just dps them through ridiculous buffs while using NX to revive in the map assuming you wipe due to borderline stupid skills that will take effect before the animation even plays (damage reflect, anyone?)

if you want to make a new character, they (now) feel similar, in the fact that you all have some kind of flash jump, some kind of way to move quickly across maps, and some way to get higher base speed. and if you're not playing a newly released class that has all of this you're gimping yourself. not to mention you will have to dump at least one thousand dollars into each character to be on par with 60% of the community, the other 40% being botters/hackers who only get to a high level to do bosses

i quit maple because the lack of end game meant no strive for it. raids in wow, while definitely toned down in interesting mechanics since BC/Ulduar still take actually strategy and skill to complete, and offer a goal to strive for. (except LFR)
---
WoW - Bleeding Hollow - Horde
#18zeldalordPosted 2/25/2013 7:07:30 AM
Look at it this way, maplestory is played by millions. If he spends 450 getting 45 people to buy his cd for 10 dollars, he just made 4500 (after taxes, fees, and initial investment ~2300 left) profit. Then he can either re-invest it and do it again, or cash out and move on to a different venture. Either way its money in his pockets.

So while it may not seem worth it to some. Hey every little bit helps. Besides if each of those 45 share his cd with 2 other people and so on and so forth He could grow into a sensation.
---
XBL - Gamertag: Zeldalord
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein.
#19a5ny5Posted 2/25/2013 7:29:37 AM
zeldalord posted...
If he spends 450 getting 45 people to buy his cd for 10 dollars, he just made 4500

lol
#20Bokothechoco2Posted 2/25/2013 9:29:56 AM(edited)
As said earlier, expect to spend $10k on this game, and $450 is about one or two pieces of gear at best.

getting 45 people to buy his cd for 10 dollars, he just made 4500 (after taxes, fees, and initial investment ~2300 left) profit.

u r perty gud maths
---
`.,,.`.`. Chirpy13 .`.`.,,.
http://i.imgur.com/CDboQ.gif