This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to Copy maple so my friend doesn't have to download it?

#1DrSockPosted 3/22/2013 11:28:29 PM
My friend said she was interested in maple after another of her friend said to play. But Maple does take hours to download or it doesn't work if you are not determined.

I'll help her to so she can play with her other friend.

But anyone knows If it possible to copy and paste some of the files so she can have it on her computer.
#2basakboyPosted 3/23/2013 12:38:59 AM(edited)
I tried copy/paste the file to another partition, would not work. tried it on another drive in the same computer, no can do, too. I had to make a new download. no problem because I just downloaded while I was sleeping.

just maybe you can copy/paste the downloader exe. never tried this. if you could do this, you would be able to save some time.
---

When the going gets tough, they call on the sons of ******s.
#3H3xerPosted 3/23/2013 1:04:19 AM
They only way I could see this working is if you copy the registry entries over with the maplestory/nexon folder (that is if maple is still adding registry entries, not sure if maple does this/still does this).

However you might be able to get away with it if you move the files over and then install NGM (Nexon game manager) so you can start maple from the site. If that doesn't work then you can always give him your installer (if you still have it) or just download it for him.

Link to NGM:
http://nxcache.nexon.net/maplestory/ngm/maplestory-ngm-download.html
---
A note from a person in a crazy cell.
#4FrarffyPosted 3/23/2013 8:16:07 AM
I bet you could copy over the 4.5 GB setup file then open it on another computer
#5azn_riza_000Posted 3/23/2013 10:04:42 AM
I've copied the game files before and just used it on my other computer. You won't be able to use the website to open MS on the other computer if you do this, you'll have to use the gamelauncher.
---
Windia GMS ~ SatomiBlade 200 Hero ~
#6aNiceLayPosted 3/23/2013 11:36:38 AM
Put it in a zip file, transer zip file, unzip zip file, use gamelauncher
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Currently Playing: BO2, Borderlands 2, AC3
#7DrSock(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:49:31 PM
If it helps, she has Steam, but steam down load doesnt' apprently work for her.