This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How pay-2-win is this game?

#1cuteboi100Posted 9/12/2013 5:21:19 AM
From almost 100% pay-2-win to slight advantage for paying.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#2CHS_RICHPosted 9/12/2013 6:53:24 AM
Almost 100%. Because everything is randomized there are a few people who spend as little as $100 and get the same results as the 100s of people who spent $1000
#3basakboyPosted 9/12/2013 7:32:43 AM
just to reach level 200, no need to pay.
---
I am not afraid of work. I can stand around and watch people do it all day long without being the least bit frightened.
#4EndgamePosted 9/12/2013 8:13:17 AM(edited)
you can reach 200 without spending a cent on the game just fine, hell, I haven't spent a cent on the game and just with all the Link Skills, character cards, and 30 Empress Blessing I have, all my characters destroy everything up until level 120+ when the power scaling on Evolving World enemies gets higher and higher, and even then, my Dawn Warrior managed just fine getting to 150, even if the EW enemies lasted longer and he wasn't wiping out entire waves anymore

however, if you want to fight Arkarium, Pink Bean, Dark Cygnus, Magnus Normal Mode (maybe, not certain on this one) Hard/Chaos Mode bosses, and of course the Black Mage who will most likely be the highest HP boss in video game history, you're going to have to shell out lots and lots of money on cubes

I'm being told the level 200+ enemies have tons of HP too
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5ZeekfoxPosted 9/12/2013 10:42:57 AM
Endgame posted...
you can reach 200 without spending a cent on the game just fine

While I would consider scrolling, cubing, and enhancing safely to be bonuses that aren't needed for simply grinding to level 200, I don't feel that not having a looting pet qualifies as "just fine". It's stupidly tedious to loot piles of stuff with GMS's pick up lag, and most events have become "pick up hundreds of these common drop things"

And yes, it only takes 10K NX to get a pet and the item pouch + meso magnet for 90 days, but ten bucks is still ten bucks, meaning not a free game.
---
*swishes his red foxie tail*
Elevator Action is the best type of action.
#6Shado ManPosted 9/12/2013 11:31:49 AM
Zeekfox posted...
Endgame posted...
you can reach 200 without spending a cent on the game just fine

While I would consider scrolling, cubing, and enhancing safely to be bonuses that aren't needed for simply grinding to level 200, I don't feel that not having a looting pet qualifies as "just fine". It's stupidly tedious to loot piles of stuff with GMS's pick up lag, and most events have become "pick up hundreds of these common drop things"

And yes, it only takes 10K NX to get a pet and the item pouch + meso magnet for 90 days, but ten bucks is still ten bucks, meaning not a free game.

Gotta disagree with you, Zeek. While a pet that can loot makes this game loads easier, it is certainly possible to get to 200 without it. My Z key officially hates me, but it is doable nonetheless.
---
Currently playing - MapleStory, State of Decay.
RED 2 - July 18th. The Wolverine - July 26th.
#7EndgamePosted 9/12/2013 12:18:38 PM
yeah, it's doable

tedious, but doable

especially considering how little pick up quests there are (that are worth doing) at 100+
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#8JaysNewArcadePosted 9/12/2013 12:25:30 PM
A lot, it wouldn't have been if the MTS was still here though (but then we'd be plagued by even more hacked and dupers than we already are, so... fair trade?).
---
http://i.imgur.com/cRLu1o7.png
http://i.imgur.com/R1G59YO.png