This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nexon giving "Second Chances" to players.

#11GeminiDeus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 5:15:21 PM
silveryounglink posted...
I haven't played the game seriously since late 2012. Judging by the posts in this thread I take it things have gotten much worse since then.

During last winter, KMS released a patch called Unlimited which gave many many horrible changes to the game, including making bossing nearly impossible by increasing their HP one-hundred fold and halving the time in which to defeat them, along with many other changes that was ill received. GMS players were well aware of the changes and how terribly it was received, including causing many KMS players to quit (to the point where they had to merge 12 worlds for a good population). GMS players were sure that because Nexon Korea and America were well aware the changes were so poorly received, GMS wouldn't get the same update and we even had 6 whole months to fix any of the mistakes KMS did.

Early this summer, the update was given to us renamed Unleashed and it was just as bad, if not slightly worse. In addition to those boss changes, many boss drops were changed to be NX-only, meaning they could only be obtained through their numerous types of lotteries such as Gachapon and other random reward boxes. Of course, this upset many players, causing people to quit. In addition to that, GMS has been false banning hundreds of players over the past few months, hence their "second chance". Someone on the official forums had the numbers of players who were active last summer as well as from this summer. The current number of players total, in all servers combined, is about one-third of what it was last summer with less than 17,000 players at peak times.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#12EternalFlame66Posted 11/11/2013 10:03:03 PM
they won't get those players back. Nexon screwed up too many times. It only has only 1 direction to go from here, and that's straight down to 0.
---
Such is your fate.
#13tsunamisurfer08Posted 11/13/2013 5:10:53 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
many boss drops were changed to be NX-only, meaning they could only be obtained through their numerous types of lotteries such as Gachapon and other random reward boxes.

Haha, what?

I know I've been out of the loop for quite a while, but this I've got to know.
---
Love everyone, trust only a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
3DS FC: 3609-1815-4602 (Ben)
#14MezmorizorPosted 11/13/2013 10:33:24 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
silveryounglink posted...
I haven't played the game seriously since late 2012. Judging by the posts in this thread I take it things have gotten much worse since then.

During last winter, KMS released a patch called Unlimited which gave many many horrible changes to the game, including making bossing nearly impossible by increasing their HP one-hundred fold and halving the time in which to defeat them, along with many other changes that was ill received. GMS players were well aware of the changes and how terribly it was received, including causing many KMS players to quit (to the point where they had to merge 12 worlds for a good population). GMS players were sure that because Nexon Korea and America were well aware the changes were so poorly received, GMS wouldn't get the same update and we even had 6 whole months to fix any of the mistakes KMS did.

Early this summer, the update was given to us renamed Unleashed and it was just as bad, if not slightly worse. In addition to those boss changes, many boss drops were changed to be NX-only, meaning they could only be obtained through their numerous types of lotteries such as Gachapon and other random reward boxes. Of course, this upset many players, causing people to quit. In addition to that, GMS has been false banning hundreds of players over the past few months, hence their "second chance". Someone on the official forums had the numbers of players who were active last summer as well as from this summer. The current number of players total, in all servers combined, is about one-third of what it was last summer with less than 17,000 players at peak times.

Wait, seriously?

RIP Maplestory, you somehow managed to have a good run.
---
what are "herpes"~samuelskip
#15NinjaluverPosted 11/14/2013 6:30:09 AM
do you MEAN TIGER IS COMING BACK?!?!?
#16JF7XPosted 11/18/2013 10:09:08 PM
o ya that guy. I remember him.
---
I detect the taint of chaos in this thread. Once Pedobear gets involved it's time for EXTERMINATUS