This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Maplestory is dying.

#1KungFuBlaziken2Posted 11/2/2013 10:52:43 PM
The population isn't even half of what it used to be and I doubt RED or FLY can save Maplestory now. Just let this game die Nexon.
---
UAUAUAAUAHAUHAUAHUHA
-Jacksfilms.
#2TwilightRaverPosted 11/3/2013 1:15:18 AM
RED will tide GMS players over for a little while. FLY's not looking so... fly right now.

However, they have the premise of a 5th job looming. They have a lot of stuff they can still do with the game, but unfortunately, it's all about wondering if they can still keep the interest, I'm guessing.

I wonder, would they ever really shut the game down, even knowing full well that people have spent thousands on this game? Would it just be over, just like that?
---
Finding the way to the dawn.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026.-
#3KungFuBlaziken2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 1:56:17 AM
TwilightRaver posted...
RED will tide GMS players over for a little while. FLY's not looking so... fly right now.

However, they have the premise of a 5th job looming. They have a lot of stuff they can still do with the game, but unfortunately, it's all about wondering if they can still keep the interest, I'm guessing.

I wonder, would they ever really shut the game down, even knowing full well that people have spent thousands on this game? Would it just be over, just like that?

Even then, remember that what made people quit was the megahuge gap between funded and unfunded players. The only thing that can save this pay2win game is a complete rebalance of the NX system.

Yeah, maybe RED and 5th job will keep people playing this game for a little while, but as long as the NX system remains as it is, this game will be on it's deathbed in a year.
---
UAUAUAAUAHAUHAUAHUHA
-Jacksfilms.
#4EndgamePosted 11/3/2013 5:59:54 PM
deny

even if we're just talking about GMS (KMS is consistently in the top 20 on this website that keeps track of weekly activity of all online games in South Korea: http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/?search_mode=weekly

currently at #19, site will update with this week's data tomorrow)

yeah, sure, even Scania seems low on activity as of late, however, activity shoots up for new major updates and 2x events

RED WILL bring an increase in activity, perhaps even bring back many returning players (not as many as Big Bang mind you)

Adventurer classes getting revamped and buffed to be in line with newer classes is going to be a pretty big deal to plenty of people
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5KungFuBlaziken2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 9:00:06 AM
Dude, the last update we ever had was in Sept. They promised us 1 for Sept, 1 for October and the last for November.

I'm not seeing anything from Orange Mushroom.
---
UAUAUAAUAHAUHAUAHUHA
-Jacksfilms.
#6HowatizerPosted 11/4/2013 11:30:59 AM
KungFuBlaziken2 posted...
Dude, the last update we ever had was in Sept. They promised us 1 for Sept, 1 for October and the last for November.

I thought you played Msea or whatever? We have had a few updates the past few months on GMS.
---
If you hack/mod/exploit/dupe in online games or are in support such things, you are the literal scum of gaming. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
#7EndgamePosted 11/4/2013 11:59:55 AM
Fly! is just minor updates

the next major KMS update with new class(es) and the next pay2win boss will be next month, as will RED for GMS (which is a given, they're handing out RED tickets in the Hot Day events right now, suggesting it's coming soon)

kMMOs work on a major Summer update and major Winter update schedule, all their new classes/characters, stages, etc. get released in these Summer and Winter updates, and GMS has been consistently 5 months behind KMS for some time now

now if you want to talk about inactivity, look at fellow Nexon game Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes (as it is known in Asia), KMS has at least been getting some small updates since RED, Mabinogi Heroes has gotten nothing since Hurk, the newest character, was released in the Summer, and Vindictus is still waiting on the next area as well as Hurk
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#8KungFuBlaziken2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:25:57 PM
Howatizer posted...

I thought you played Msea or whatever? We have had a few updates the past few months on GMS.

I'm talking about KMS.
---
UAUAUAAUAHAUHAUAHUHA
-Jacksfilms.
#9Muffinz0rzPosted 11/4/2013 11:51:56 PM
C

NX or bust
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
3DS Friend Code: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 - GHOST: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#10HowatizerPosted 11/6/2013 3:05:07 PM
Howatizer posted...

I'm talking about KMS.

Considering we have been getting CMS updates rather then KMS ones for over a year now, what happens in KMS isn't quite as relevant anymore.

I am referring to GMS.
---
If you hack/mod/exploit/dupe in online games or are in support such things, you are the literal scum of gaming. Only a moron would argue otherwise.