This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Return to Masteria update notes.

#1GeminiDeusPosted 2/11/2014 6:39:23 PM(edited)
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/updates/update-notes/00Hc7

This part really stood out to me.

Special Weekend Event!

All weekends between February 21 March 23
From 12PM 9PM Pacific
Party quest clear 1.5x EXP
Boss drop rate 2x

There's also a Hot Day that has a chance of giving a full Gold Label Knight Set or a Fafnir weapon.

There seem to be only two days (March 2, March 16) throughout the entire update that give RED Coins...

New: Hot Day gifts now require level 70+ to open (130+ for Zero), good for preventing event abuse from tons of mule accounts, and can only be claimed between 2pm and 7m Pacific, bad because of time zones, jobs, etc.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#2basakboyPosted 2/11/2014 8:07:04 PM
great updates. nexon is scrambling to keep the game relevant.
---
I am not afraid of work. I can stand around and watch people do it all day long without being the least bit frightened.
#3DeadlyCombozPosted 2/11/2014 9:13:53 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
New: Hot Day gifts now require level 70+ to open (130+ for Zero), good for preventing event abuse from tons of mule accounts, and can only be claimed between 2pm and 7m Pacific, bad because of time zones, jobs, etc.

That's just the first four Hot Days, actually. The rest (March 8 and after) are still level 30 requirements.

I'm looking forward to the new Badge Exchange quests for those old iTCG items, and the events for Unique Potential Scrolls.
#4LordClydePosted 2/14/2014 7:45:16 AM(edited)
GeminiDeus posted...
There's also a Hot Day that has a chance of giving a full Gold Label Knight Set or a Fafnir weapon.

1 day duration ... that's pretty pitiful.

The best hot day gift was by far
http://i.imgur.com/fR0bpDl.png

And it only lasted ... 2 hours? Before they were like, NOPE. WE DIDN'T MEAN TO RELEASE THAT!

I would have raged if I failed that. (I was too cheap to buy a lucky day scroll.)
#5GeminiDeus(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:54:47 PM
LordClyde posted...
GeminiDeus posted...

1 day duration ... that's pretty pitiful.

That's just for the box the Gold Set comes from. The set itself will be permanent if you're lucky enough to get one.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#6DeadlyCombozPosted 2/14/2014 3:34:40 PM
Specs and tradeable Smiling Masks drop from the CWKPQ bosses as well as a whole bunch of equips.

They weren't kidding when they said Masteria mobs had increased drop rates.
#7pikamemnonPosted 2/21/2014 5:06:08 AM
Now that Masteria proper has been restored, we can almost count Crimsonheart castle and Commerci as extentions of it in a good way. The only issue is that they made these locations good if you are after items but still pretty terrible grinding wise. I doubt that the boat quests (or the PQ versions) are good EXP but I could be mistaken.
---
"You have your invincible spell!" Kerberos - Card Captor Sakura,
El Nido Bow Master
#8DavidBoreanazPosted 2/22/2014 12:32:24 PM
That was a pretty awesome read. I've played on and off since Beta. Dabbled in CWK a bit back in the pre BB days. I had no idea it was removed, but I'm so glad it's back now.
#9FolkenRawrPosted 2/22/2014 6:41:31 PM(edited)
I still don't understand why everyone cares so much about NLC. Beyond the worst kind of trainers/ks'ers it wasn't anything special before, and it's nearly useless now.. The only cool thing about it now is all of the neato drops.
---
I clean bird**** out of cuckoo clocks for a living.
#10pikamemnonPosted 3/2/2014 2:01:37 PM
Surprisingly good badge from the Hot time on the 1st of March, if you missed it then you have my condolences. LOL at the epic potential scroll having a 20% chance to destroy the item on failure, sometimes that is all that it takes to blow up something valuable.
---
"You have your invincible spell!" Kerberos - Card Captor Sakura,
El Nido Bow Master