This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Commerci Trade voyages, my thoughts

#1pikamemnonPosted 2/26/2014 5:41:12 PM
I think it is a neat mini game and I applaud the developers for making the Sweet water accessories somewhat farmable but I start to get the feeling that it is only fun for characters that have an obscene level of funding.

Examples:
Rumors about the strongest sea monsters having lots of HP and even a strict time limit
Boat skills seem to be laughably weak.

On this same note, the black powder item has a limited supply and it cannot be stacked, which means it is much less helpful then it could have been. I dunno, I am kind of torn. Technically it could be called "balanced" content but not really..
---
"You have your invincible spell!" Kerberos - Card Captor Sakura,
El Nido Bow Master
#2DeadlyCombozPosted 2/27/2014 12:33:11 PM
It used to be a great place to farm for many people before they nerfed the drop rate of SW equips, and doubled the HP of almost all the bosses on the voyage.

Now you really need good funding to even have a chance when you get up to Rien and Lith voyage rides.
#3GeminiDeusPosted 2/27/2014 1:50:17 PM
I unfortunately did not start doing voyages until after the drop rate nerf/HP buff but, the time for bosses was lengthened, seeing as how one day I couldn't even bring down Levy to 50% HP then the next day I was able to defeat it. I have managed to get 2 Sweet Water equip drops on my own, and one drop during a partied voyage. The drop rate is still ridiculously low, though, and the programmers should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to it. They were actually starting to be more new user/unfunded friendly, then they unexpectedly nerfed the drop rate calling the previous drop rate as "introductory".
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#4pikamemnon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 6:37:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5pikamemnon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 1:14:43 PM
I think it would have been better if the ship could have had a bigger impact in the actual battles.
---
"You have your invincible spell!" Kerberos - Card Captor Sakura,
El Nido Bow Master