This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First time using merchant, some questions

#1D4mnYouSirPosted 8/17/2014 8:00:40 AM
Hi!
I've recently returned to maple after some 4-5 years and since I can pay for NX now I figured it was time to set up a shop!

I didn't really understand the rules fully. Every 24 hours I need to go open my shop AKA do a "maintenance" or it will disappear, am I correct? I don't need to move it from the spot or something, just check in on it?

Sorry for the dumb question, but it would suck to lose the shop because of my ignorance ;)
---
If I ever saw "New! You can kill every children in the most gruesome way possible" on the box, I would certainly raise more than an eyebrow.~Slash_out
#2saucejePosted 8/17/2014 9:12:36 AM(edited)
It depends. If you bought the cheapest merchant, you have 24 hours total to use your shop before it expires (as in, forever). I'm not sure if there actually is a 24 hour limit on how long your shop can stay up on the other merchants, but it doesn't hurt to just check after a day.
---
"I like the missionary position: standing in a cook pot in a safari suit,
looking towards Africa. Is that too much to ask for?"
#3D4mnYouSir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 9:39:01 AM
I bought the 7-day one. But at least I don't have to move the store, just check in? I got myself a nice place in bottom row FM 7.
---
If I ever saw "New! You can kill every children in the most gruesome way possible" on the box, I would certainly raise more than an eyebrow.~Slash_out
#4azn_riza_000Posted 8/17/2014 10:50:02 AM
You need to close and reopen it every 24 hours.
Also, one thing I'd like to point out is that you should only be using hired merchants if you can make the money spent on it back within the duration of having one. In other words, since the 7 day merchant costs ~6k NX & the NX ratio varies from 1:80-100 depending on the world, you need to make somewhere between 480m to 600m within 7 days just to break even on the cost of the mushie.
---
Windia GMS ~ SatomiBlade - 210 Paladin ~ Riaaz - 205 Xenon ~
#5D4mnYouSir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 2:59:09 PM
Alright, how do a shop when you character is standing there work?
---
#6saucejePosted 8/17/2014 3:43:54 PM
D4mnYouSir posted...
Alright, how do a shop when you character is standing there work?

You can stay there until you disconnect. But you have to actually be online, on your character, leaving Maplestory open, so that your store will be open. If you get disconnected your character disappears and so does your store.
---
"I like the missionary position: standing in a cook pot in a safari suit,
looking towards Africa. Is that too much to ask for?"
#7D4mnYouSir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 3:46:07 PM
Thanks!
---