This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin nowadays

#1D4mnYouSirPosted 8/18/2014 7:44:40 AM
Back when I first played maple, like half a decade ago, assassins were the s***. After my return I have gotten a kaiser to lvl 120, but I want to try out an assassin now, especially since the leveling is much more fluid.

But how does an assassin hold up nowadays? As a kaiser I can deal a ton of dmg 1v1 and aoe (it at least feels like I do) and still take alot of hits myself before going down. If I were to found an assassin with about 200 mill, would it be viable?
---
If I ever saw "New! You can kill every children in the most gruesome way possible" on the box, I would certainly raise more than an eyebrow.~Slash_out
#2arcnovaPosted 8/18/2014 10:33:18 AM
absolutely not
funding anything with 200il will get you maybe one piece of slightly above average gear.
you want to be remotely viable you need a few bil atleast
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#3azn_riza_000Posted 8/18/2014 10:52:12 AM(edited)
Let me put it this way. A perfectly scrolled Fafnir claw with a pretty good potential would cost upwards of 20 bil. Probably even more now due to the fact that everyone is jumping off the Phantom train and funding a NL/preparing for Night Walker revamp.
But yeah, 200 mil won't get you anywhere on any class.
---
Windia GMS ~ SatomiBlade - 210 Paladin ~ Riaaz - 205 Xenon ~
#4KaosMKVIIIPosted 8/18/2014 11:09:36 AM
azn_riza_000 posted...
Let me put it this way. A perfectly scrolled Fafnir claw with a pretty good potential would cost upwards of 20 bil. Probably even more now due to the fact that everyone is jumping off the Phantom train and funding a NL/preparing for Night Walker revamp.
But yeah, 200 mil won't get you anywhere on any class.

he may not hit damage cap, but he can do decently... with 350m or so, i can solo gollux in 11-16 minutes assuming i'm not knocked off a lot? only 153 DrK I think.

regardless, a lot of people will tell you below 5b you can't do anything, and on most classes they're right.

damn this game is terrible now
---
WoW - Bleeding Hollow - Horde
#5pikamemnonPosted 8/18/2014 12:48:34 PM
(If you are only playing for fun and not necessarily to "kill bosses") Yes
---
"You have your invincible spell!" Kerberos - Card Captor Sakura,
El Nido Bow Master
#6azn_riza_000Posted 8/18/2014 6:48:49 PM
DrK is pretty good on low funds. NL on the other hand....
---
#7D4mnYouSir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 9:17:28 AM
Yeah, I really don't have a clue about anything right now since I've been away for so long. But what is the strongest class right now if money wasn't a problem?
---
If I ever saw "New! You can kill every children in the most gruesome way possible" on the box, I would certainly raise more than an eyebrow.~Slash_out
#8azn_riza_000Posted 8/19/2014 10:34:27 AM
Phantoms. But they're getting indirectly nerfed in KMS.... So most of the Phantoms I know are switching to NL in preparation for the Night Walker revamp.
---
#9D4mnYouSir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 12:34:52 PM
azn_riza_000 posted...
Phantoms. But they're getting indirectly nerfed in KMS.... So most of the Phantoms I know are switching to NL in preparation for the Night Walker revamp.

Night walker? Aren't they cygnus knights? Is it really viable play character which can only reach lvl 120?
Sorry for my ignorance :/
---
#10azn_riza_000Posted 8/19/2014 12:45:50 PM
They've been revamping the Cygnus Knights so they go to lvl 250 just like every other class. Dawn Warrior, Wind Archer and Thunder Breaker have already received a revamp in GMS, now we're just waiting on the NW and BW revamps.
---