Hello, any Psy cadets still around here?

#1MajorMoogle118Posted 9/1/2012 11:03:02 AM
Hi, I just gotta say... This is really one of the best games made and it's such a shame it's so underrated. This game beats so many other overrated crap that have been released over the years.

I played Psychonauts way back when it was just released, both on XBOX and PS2, and had multiple playthroughs. And after about 6 years, I've decided to buy this off Steam just to relive some good old memories. Heck, I just finished the game a few minutes ago, and I enjoyed every single moment of it. Also managed to get 100% and discovered many secrets and dialogues I've never come across years ago when I played it on the consoles.

Anyway, I guess I just feel really satisfied and happy that such an old game still feels so fresh, entertaining and fun to me even though I've played it quite a number of times before. It's a masterpiece and I really hope there are plans and developments for a sequel despite people saying it's been called off.

Sorry for the wall of text hehe, but just wondering... Anyone still around here who's eager to talk about how awesome this game is, just for old time's sake? :D
#2William_18Posted 9/1/2012 3:23:38 PM
I haven't played this game in years and I am thinking about getting it off the PS Store later.... If it wins the poll I put up on the PS3 message board.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#3JoveHackPosted 9/1/2012 3:36:06 PM
I'm still lurking. Played Psychonauts to death a few years back. Still got a bunch of saves on my memory cards, including backups.

Starting to think about playing again.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#4MajorMoogle118(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 5:23:57 AM
I haven't played this game in years and I am thinking about getting it off the PS Store later.... If it wins the poll I put up on the PS3 message board.

Haha, you should! It's such a good game and it will definitely bring back lots of laughter and fun. But one moment... It's on the PS Store? Aw shoot, then I should have gotten it off there instead of Steam... Playing a platformer with a controller than a keyboard would've been a lot more convenient. =/

I'm still lurking. Played Psychonauts to death a few years back. Still got a bunch of saves on my memory cards, including backups.

Starting to think about playing again.

Yeah I notice you reply in many threads and give very helpful pointers and tips to those in need. That's really nice of you, if I may say. :D

I remember I used to play this game to death back in the day too... The urge to play it again recently just popped all of a sudden after watching random videos of it on YouTube.

P.S. Even after so many years, I still find the romance between Raz and Lili so cute hahaha. Especially the "Shut up and do what?" cutscene!
#5CronoDynePosted 9/2/2012 6:18:21 PM
You'd think after it's release on PSN last Tuesday, it would have brought in some new posters.. But yeah, I'm playing. Near the end right now. It was a fantastic ride (aside from a few technical issues).
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#6custard500011Posted 9/9/2012 8:11:59 PM
I got it off the psn! After all the amazing things I've heard about it, i just had to get it. I really love the characters and story. The gameplay is alright, but the level design in peoples minds are just fantastic. I also freaked the f*** out when i realized that you solve everyones problems by going into their mind. I was so used to just having to go find an object for them and then they unlock an area or something, that when i realized that to solve peoples problems you had to manually go into their subconscious i was blown away by the originality of the idea. Ive stopped playing for awhile because, i don't know, i like to mix up my games. But its real good and ill get back to it.
#7SurfinPunkPosted 9/13/2012 7:39:28 PM
Amazing! I just got a working PS2 and was going through all my old games when I came across this. I played this over 6 years ago and have always wanted to go back and play it again. I actually never finished it, but I do remember I was pretty much at the end. This seriously is one of the best platformers ever created, and in my opinion one of the best games ever.
---
Goonies never say die.
#8JoveHackPosted 9/13/2012 7:52:58 PM
SurfinPunk posted...
Amazing! I just got a working PS2 and was going through all my old games when I came across this. I played this over 6 years ago and have always wanted to go back and play it again. I actually never finished it, but I do remember I was pretty much at the end. This seriously is one of the best platformers ever created, and in my opinion one of the best games ever.

Careful there. There's a monster difficulty spike at the end. Even Yahtzee Croshaw talked about it.

Warning: Not safe for work, women, children, or branes.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2-Psychonauts

If you have an HDTV, check if it can handle component input. If so, get component cables for your PS2. The improvement in video quality is amazing.

Be sure to keep the original composite cables.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com