I bought this on PSN and the cutscenes are messed up.

#1STN79Posted 9/19/2012 1:59:35 AM
I noticed the dialog and mouth movements aren't matching up sometimes. There is a slight delay when you hear the words and when their mouths move. Now I'm kinda dissapointed.
Did this problem exist in the PS2 version originally? Was it known to have such a glitch?
#2JoveHackPosted 9/19/2012 9:54:23 AM
STN79 posted...
I noticed the dialog and mouth movements aren't matching up sometimes. There is a slight delay when you hear the words and when their mouths move. Now I'm kinda dissapointed.
Did this problem exist in the PS2 version originally? Was it known to have such a glitch?

No such problem on the PS2 as I recall, and I played and replayed the game a lot.

As I understand it, the PS3 versions are using the software emulation that was tried on the 80GB fat PS3, and removed thereafter so PS3 gamers would buy more PS3 games.

That emulation was rated at about 80% correct. So I guess these kinds of errors are to be expected. That's a shame, because the voice work and dialog are some of the best in gaming.

If you want to be certain, you could check PS2 youtube videos of the game.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#3STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 11:20:24 AM
Well I looked up the PS2 version and the audio wasn't quite matching up there either. It seems random though. Sometimes it's perfect and other times it's off by 2 or 3 seconds.
I guess it's not terrible but somewhat annoying. I suppose I can deal with it.
#4wanderingshadePosted 10/8/2012 2:45:01 PM
Unless you wanna buy it on Steam.
---
Do you or do you not have tattooed on your bottom the words "Jesus is coming - look busy"?