The difficulty?

#1CurtisC925Posted 3/9/2013 1:24:05 AM
I am halfway through this game and have not been excited once. I like the story as well as the characters and powers but the game play seems to be completely lacking. I just finished Glorias Theater and have not been challenged throughout this game.

It seems to give you a set of tasks each stage without any bad guys to take on like in Mario or Rachet & Clank. The boss battles I have faced so far have been Terrible and Easy without challenge. This game feels like it was designed for 5 year olds yet has an adult humored theme to it. It is like Conker's Bad Fur day except I liked that game.
#2JoveHackPosted 3/9/2013 6:37:00 PM
CurtisC925 posted...
I am halfway through this game and have not been excited once. I like the story as well as the characters and powers but the game play seems to be completely lacking. I just finished Glorias Theater and have not been challenged throughout this game.

It seems to give you a set of tasks each stage without any bad guys to take on like in Mario or Rachet & Clank. The boss battles I have faced so far have been Terrible and Easy without challenge. This game feels like it was designed for 5 year olds yet has an adult humored theme to it. It is like Conker's Bad Fur day except I liked that game.

Did you complete all levels of the Punching Game in Basic Braining? That's the toughest early challenge.

When you get past the level with Gloria's Theatre there's some fun platforming coming up. For that matter, Waterloo World and The Milkman Conspiracy and Black Velvetopia were at least interesting to me.

The final level gets quite challenging, to the point that Tim Schafer got tired of all the complaints about it.

The final boss fight's not hard at all, imho.

Sorry there's not enough challenge for you. Maybe do a replay and minimize leveling up?

At least you enjoy the humor.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#3CurtisC925(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 10:57:49 PM
I am a casual gamer in terms of skill level. I have found so far I have been spending most of my time collecting things and tasks that are not skillful rather than battling or cool platforming. I have played the Milk Man level and I like it but there is not much to do in terms of game play. It's Just tasking. There are two boss fights that are not much of a challenge. So far it feels like an interactive 3d story. This game has a lot of cool features but does not utilize them with game play so far.

That punching game was hard and I have not even passed the 30 second challenge yet. I wish each level required skill like that.
#4JoveHackPosted 3/13/2013 4:50:46 AM
CurtisC925 posted...
I am a casual gamer in terms of skill level. I have found so far I have been spending most of my time collecting things and tasks that are not skillful rather than battling or cool platforming. I have played the Milk Man level and I like it but there is not much to do in terms of game play. It's Just tasking. There are two boss fights that are not much of a challenge. So far it feels like an interactive 3d story. This game has a lot of cool features but does not utilize them with game play so far.

That punching game was hard and I have not even passed the 30 second challenge yet. I wish each level required skill like that.

Interesting, I was having a lot of trouble most of the way through the game (*&$%# and worse), but then I'd never really played a platformer before. I loved that the levels were so interesting and varied, with great imagination and music.

And the characters and humor. There's one kid who...well, perhaps I shouldn't spoil it. Just know that there are some optional cutscenes with funny character development.

I actually loved that most of the exploration didn't involve combat. When I'm exploring I'm focusing on the treasure I'm grabbing (Loved the divining rod), and generally get ambushed out of nowhere by enemies in plain sight. I may be getting better, though.

The final level, as I believe I said earlier, has some parts you will probably find sufficiently challenging. For that matter, once you finish the lower level of the Asylum and go up the elevator, I found the ascent to be quite challenging, as well as surreal.

Thanks for the reply. If you get stuck, don't forget the bacon! Cruller almost always has good advice. Or post here.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com