This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tactics and how to counter them

#1r0kk_0nPosted 2/26/2008 11:56:43 AM
Alright, post any tactic that you can think up, and a cost effective way to beat that tactic.

1. Mech Rush
Counter: The other topic said infantry pwn a mech rush, mixed in with artillery. Air units also work well. Battleships somewhat work, except they usually don't have enough power to get one strike kills, and they're really expensive. Bships can attack without fear of counterattacks though.

2. Infantry wall + rockets
Counter: doing the math, 1 A-Air(8000) and one tank(7000) = 15000, 1000 less than a rocket + infantry. As long as the infantry has no major defensive bonuses, you're set.

3. Infantry wall + artillery
Counter: I haven't been able to come up with a cost effective counter for this.

???

---
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4899/modes6.jpg
I don't bother with backspace anymore.
#2guncaddyPosted 2/26/2008 6:20:46 PM
for three, i'd say a b- copter, cause those infantry can't do too much and the artillery would be crushed. Otherwise i'd go with six infantry and flood the area.
---
Pretty pretty is the horsey who hath drunken the magic tequila
#3DesulatedPosted 2/26/2008 7:48:57 PM

i've got one:

Stealth wall w/apcs behind supported with rockets

I haven't thought up of a counter for this one yet, even thoughi use it a lot of times and its really effective.

#4EchelonThreePosted 2/27/2008 2:36:42 AM
Mech Flood Counter
Recons and Arty are viable counters if they're accompanied by infantry, but recons are useless on their own against so many mechs.

How to counter a mech flood - Jess style
Jess has powerful vehicles, so we must use mobility to our advantage here.

Basic anti-mech strategy
1. Build loads of infantry
2. Pop out some artillery
3. Put them in a good formation

There are TWO viable plans
Okay, our strategy, as Jess (my best CO)

Plan ONE

Okay, now the main threat will come from Sami's infantry hitting our infantry, which cost as much, so we need a few recons.

Our plan is this: We want to use our powerful recons to hit sami's infantry, then use our own infantry to finish off sami's, and the surround our own recon with our infantry, then our own infantry hit the enemy mechs, followed by our recons moving in with our tanks, which, once jess tanks enter the fray, it's pretty much over for any enemy indirects.

Don't forget, you want to have you own indirect line backing you up

Plan TWO

Spam infantry as per normal. Every 3k your opponent spends on a mech you spend 1k on an infantry, use the 2k you save to buy indirects, then just spam nothing but indirects and infantry.
Bcops will work well too.

Important: DO NOT USE AA/TANKS TO FIGHT A MECH RUSH, you WILL die

That's the whole point really--Mechs are cost effective against all land units not named Infantry. (Okay, okay, not Megatanks for some strange reason, and probably not Recons or Artillery due to their similarly low cost and guaranteed first strike).

Nope, mechs will still beat the Megatank. You have forgotten that the megatank will do diminishing damage after each strike form the mechs. And we're assuming here that the megatank fights the mechs 1 by 1, if 3 mechs hit at once, as would be the case when you're outnumbered by over 5 to 1 from building a mega, it's over.

There are 5 good COs for mech flooding.
Sami and Sensei, who are pretty obvious candidates for a mech flood.
and then there's Koal, Adder, and Javier. Koal and Adder have movement powers, which boost the mechs up to a good speed when the time is right, and Javier has a 20% increase in defense from indirect fire, which is good as indirects are often the counter to mechs.

---
[A moderator was deleted at the request of this signature]
#5EchelonThreePosted 2/27/2008 2:40:00 AM
2. Infantry wall + rockets
Counter: doing the math, 1 A-Air(8000) and one tank(7000) = 15000, 1000 less than a rocket + infantry. As long as the infantry has no major defensive bonuses, you're set.

An infantry wall with rockets is a crap strategy, rockets cost way too much, and no decent opponent will use infantry with rockets without arty, which will crush your tank.

3. Infantry wall + artillery
Counter: I haven't been able to come up with a cost effective counter for this.

How about matching his strategy? Unless your opponent is sami, he'll most likely have normal indirect units, with little boost to his or her infantry,

---
#6EchelonThreePosted 2/27/2008 2:43:01 AM
Stealth wall w/apcs behind supported with rockets

I haven't thought up of a counter for this one yet, even thoughi use it a lot of times and its really effective.

Yes, that's a great strategy, that'll be 220,000 dollars please....

Which decent opponent is going to let you get 220,000 dollars to build such a force in the first place?

All he has to do is put out a few fighters, and his own rockets to shoot your APCs, which by the way, he can do without being in the range of your rocket.
---