Alternate Costumes *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. Alternate Costumes *Spoilers*

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
7 years ago#1
May I please just have a quick rundown of every Alternate Costume of every CO in this game? I've only gotten Olaf, Adder, Jake, and Rachel's and I don't feel like getting the others unless it's really good or noteworthy.

Also a question about alternate-jake...did the US translation just made Jake have the hip-hop personality based on his alternate costume? Cos' I think I heard something like the original reason why he has those headphones were for answering orders and such (he would be like this straight-edge diligent CO instead of a laid back one) in the Japanese version.

And if this is in fact true for all the other COs? Thanks.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: nintendork06

nintendork06
7 years ago#2
If you want to see what the alternate costumes look like without having to actually unlock the costumes themselves, then just take a look at this link:

http://www.aw-experience.com/awds_presentation_images.php

As for the other questions, I don't know.
Gee, it sure is boring around here...

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
6 years ago#3
Oooh, okay thanks!
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: DTaeKim

DTaeKim
6 years ago#4
Also a question about alternate-jake...did the US translation just made Jake have the hip-hop personality based on his alternate costume? Cos' I think I heard something like the original reason why he has those headphones were for answering orders and such (he would be like this straight-edge diligent CO instead of a laid back one) in the Japanese version.

It was a localization decision. It is not known if the decision was based on Jake's alternate outfit. It is known (though no translation exists) that JPN Jake is a lot more serious than his NA counterpart.

And if this is in fact true for all the other COs? Thanks.

Their outfits are based on caricatures, but I don't believe their personality is based off this.
For those of you expecting to see 60 Minutes, you're gonna see 60 points instead. - Jim Nantz, TEN vs. NE
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. Alternate Costumes *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived