Crystal tower - change party or muscle through?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. Crystal tower - change party or muscle through?

User Info: Ninja_Mo

Ninja_Mo
4 years ago#1
Hey all, hoping the experts can chime in here and lend me a hand!

Currently, my party is level 51 across the board. Using Seferaga's gamefaqs guide, my party is:

Refia - Geomancer - job level 78
Arc - Dark Knight - job level 64
Luneth - Magus - job level 35
Ingus - Devout -job level 35

I switched over at earth crystal so my magus and devout are a little lower. But devout only chucks out my mass heals and Luneth is doing 5k per flare anyway which is ok.

I went past Xande last night (was really easy) and then went to Cerberus. His 3 attacks per round took down Ingus first, so I was in a race to Phoenix down him back since he is only caster with a heal. Long story short, Cerberus kept eating Ingus first and he wiped me. So now I have to go back all the way and do it all over. It takes a long time, and now I'm pissed off, so I need help.

Was this just an unlucky Cerberus fight? Should I just go back and finish it?

Or:

Do I level grind on blucks until mid 60s level and then go back?

Or:

Do I change my jobs a more 'perfect' combo? What job level will I need?

Would really appreciate the help from those who have done it!

<3

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
4 years ago#2
My recommendation would be to gain five or so levels and make sure you cast protect (either by having Ingus cast on himself or having Arc use a Defender sword on him) on Ingus first thing in boss battles. You should also probably switch your magus to something else; magi really don't add much to a party since eventually even their strongest spell (which they'll be able to cast like 5 or 6 times) will do less damage than a regular attack from a physical attacker. What to change him to will depend on what other jobs Luneth has had though. Good options in general would be a bard (additional defense) or a ninja (additional offense) as both of these don't require a lot of job levels to be effective.
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

User Info: Ninja_Mo

Ninja_Mo
4 years ago#3
Kinda sad to think the black mage then magus I've been with the whole game is worse than a level one ninja, but I can see it happening.

Had a few free minutes this morning and switched my geomancer to a ninja and switched my magus for a bard. Ninja is already doing more damage than my magus. I've got masamune and Kiki-whatwhat sword on him, and ultimata and ragnarok on dark knight. I didn't buy Apollo harp when I was in eureka, nor any shurikens. So I'm going back to shop there which should net me a good few job levels if I make it one level per random fight. I don't really wan toto grind but that should be manageable.

Reckon if I start each battle with Apollo defence and 2 protects, I wil be ok?

User Info: terran3999999

terran3999999
4 years ago#4
You got very unlucky, same crap happened to me once. But you could have switched some of the Jobs around.

I find a Knight more useful than a DK but with your current Job Levels you should rather stick with a DK.
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. Crystal tower - change party or muscle through?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived