Anyone wish they could have remade this on the GBA/WSC?

#1donkeyjackPosted 12/1/2012 2:20:11 AM
Like the DS version doesn't look good to me.

That goes with FF4 as well, one of my favs.
#2WHATZITUYAPosted 12/1/2012 8:25:17 PM(edited)
I highly doubt you're alone.

I too feel they should have picked back up the WSC remake after the global success of the series on the GBA. To me, the simple characters were supposed to have been left completely blank slates rather than archetypes. There's also the fact that they changed a massive bulk of the game, enemies numbered only to three outside of one fight in the entire game making melee units absolutely dominant, bosses went from easier with certain strategies to next to un-survivable without grinding, job transition, to the overall importance of job levels, tiers...etc.

I still randomly check up on everything called "Final Fantasy III" once in a while in hopes that they're either continuing the Wonder Swan project for another system/shop channel or finally sending the original overseas via VC.

As for IV, I haven't played the DS remake yet but I can't say I'm with you on that one. There are multiple versions dedicated to it's original gameplay/format. Not to mention from what I've heard, they somewhat fixed one of my complaints: Customization.
---
What the...? Are you kidding me? Seriously?! Well...it's your opinion.
#3Argh4430Posted 12/4/2012 4:45:46 PM
It would have been neat, but i'm not sure if TOSE would have done as a good of a job compared to Matrix. The GBA Final Fantasy ports are good, but not perfect. I rather like how Matrix handled Final Fantasy III.