What was your final party?

#1MajinBalthierPosted 12/21/2012 5:35:37 PM
Mine was Thief, Ninja, Devout, Dragoon. Everyone in the back row except the Dragoon. Thief was throwing boomerangs and using an Elixir when someone needed a full heal right away, Ninja was throwing shurikens, Devout was doing healy things, Dragoon was continuously jumping.

It was a good final party aside from the Thief. I'd kept Refia in that class for the entire game and she was at class level 99, doing huge amounts of damage. Never had a reason to change her...until the last battle. Thief takes a LOT of damage from the final boss' attacks, and Refia got taken out promptly every time I'd revive her.

If I could do it over again, I probably would have gone Ninja/Ninja/Devout/Dragoon. Ninja has nearly as much speed as Thief and a lot more Magic Defense, which is key in the last fight.
---
www.coronajumper.com - The greatest gaming blog of all time. Of all time!
#2Moomba33Posted 12/21/2012 8:09:40 PM
The first time I beat the game I had Luneth as a Black Belt, Arc as a Sage, Refia as a Devout, and Ingus as a Ninja.
The second time I had Luneth as a Knight, and the other three the same as before.
The third time I had Luneth as a Ninja, Arc as a Devout, Refia as a Warrior, and Ingus as a Bard.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#3MajinBalthier(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 7:16:44 AM
For the Iron Giant I'll probably go with Ninja/Knight/Devout/Dragoon.

Dragoon worked really well on the final boss. Knight can use the two uber-swords from Eureka, and be better at surviving than the thief was.

Course, I'll make all four into Black Belts for the level buildup.
---
#4MajinBalthier(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 3:17:44 PM
Actually, given the super high defense of the Iron Giant, I'll switch out the Knight for a Summoner. Too bad it means I won't be able to make use of Excalibur or Ragnarok, but it isn't a big deal.

Is Ninja/Summoner/Devout/Dragoon a good call for the IG?
---
#5XX-XALBERTX-XXPosted 12/22/2012 3:38:01 PM
My final party the first time I beat the game was four dragoons all dual wielding blood lances.None of them died during jump spam.

My final party any other time has been completely random as I use an RNG to determine my final party from all the jobs in the game minus the onion knight (I do have access to it but it is just such a pain in the arse to use it without leveling to a certain point)
---
Poke White FC : 3868 7330 4814
"All I know is that it was slimy and it had lotsa teeth."-Church, Red VS Blue
#6ArmaLeyvatenPosted 12/22/2012 6:40:04 PM
My final party for my first time was Dragoon, Devout, Ninja, and Knight. Second time through it's pretty much gonna be the same except instead of a Knight it's gonna be a Black Belt.
#7roitactPosted 12/22/2012 8:52:03 PM
i tend to end up with a B.knight, Dragoon, Devout and a Red mage,
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#8slate_juncoPosted 12/22/2012 9:58:15 PM
Dragoon, Red Mage, Devout, Viking. Only dragoon took damage from the lightning thanks dual wielding shields. Probably took longer to kill the CoD then most parties. Luneth started as a thief before switching to viking, stole Gungnir off Odin. Arc was a Geomancer before i stuffed him in the cat suit. Ingus was a dragoon from the moment it was possible and refia switched between red mage and bard.
#9LBokshaPosted 12/23/2012 12:00:46 PM
For my first playthrough: devout, knight, ninja, magus. Boooring. And not that effective, given that the magus is pretty terrible.

Ninja has nearly as much speed as Thief and a lot more Magic Defense, which is key in the last fight.

Provided you finish the lightning tentacle ASAP, magic defense isn't that important in the final fight. The main body's wave cannon attack has a very high base power but a low multiplier, meaning magic defense only reduces the damage by a little bit.
The lightning tentacle, on the other hand, uses an attack that has a low base power but a very high multiplier, meaning characters with low magic defense will take massive damage while characters with high magic defense will generally take none. (I'm not 100% sure how magic damage works, but depending on whether special attacks include the enemy's "job level", the lightning attack should do either ~20% or ~70% more damage to a level 60 thief compared to a level 60 ninja)
---
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
#10Blackest_KnightPosted 12/27/2012 7:10:37 AM
My final party was four Black Belts. For the Iron Giant, my party was Warrior, Dark Knight, Geomancer, and Viking.
---
It's rare and unexpected, but strangely beautiful, like a unicorn using his horn to gore a priest.
-tibyon