New jobs

#11LBokshaPosted 1/16/2013 2:36:33 PM
I tried out Knight and probably only got mine to about level 15 before I got to the next crystal and decided it wasn't doing it for me. I switched over to Dark Knight after that and found it to be much better off the bat, so I never looked back.

Kind of makes me wonder why you thought the dark knight was better...
---
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
#12AkanubonOrihPosted 1/16/2013 10:56:29 PM(edited)
I'm almost always all about attack (and alliteration apparently). So Souleater which did significant damage to the entire enemy party (assuming I had high health which I'm somewhat compulsive about having) seemed better than Defend/White Magic. That's also why I went the entire game without ever equipping a shield.

Dual wielding FTW!
---
Like the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" fan page on Facebook! (http://tinyurl.com/3gj2r6g)
#13terran3999999Posted 1/17/2013 6:14:57 AM
He's making fun of you.

Stat wise, the DK is somewhat similar to the Knight. Though it has Souleater, that loses its flare by endgame while the Knight will trump it in both defense and weapon options. The DK doesn't get access to the Excalibur.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#14raining2009Posted 1/17/2013 2:35:37 PM
LBoksha posted...
Yes, the ranger really is that bad. For some stupid reason, they never get more than early mid-game armor on top of their already poor vitality and mind stats, they constantly need to be fed arrows, their only skill barely improves their damage and quadruples their ammo usage, and even their back-row damage falls behind thieves in the end.

Ranger is extremely powerful, they don't need armor because you can just put him to back row without affecting its damage.
For all other jobs, if you place them in front row, they deal normal damage and take normal damage.
If place to back row, they deal HALF damage and take HALF damage.
But for ranger, put them to back row, they deal FULL damage but only take HALF damage.
So why ranger need best armor? They already only take half damage from physical attack in back row, no need for good armor at all.
If ranger can wear best armor, then this job will be extremely unbalanced, best damage among all jobs (higher damage than onion knight), also has the best defense. This class will be broken and be god like if they can wear best armor.
#15LBokshaPosted 1/17/2013 4:05:45 PM
Ranger is extremely powerful, they don't need armor because you can just put him to back row without affecting its damage.

Like every other job with ranged attacks. Jobs that can wear proper armour.

So why ranger need best armor? They already only take half damage from physical attack in back row, no need for good armor at all.

Armour also affects the damage you take from magic, which is unaffected by row. Any kind of magic attack, and rangers croak. Just so happens magic is generally what kills you anyway.

best damage among all jobs

That's cute, but no. Their damage output may be comparable to other jobs if you use their spray skill, but that'll empty your inventory of arrows, fast, and you can't even choose what enemies to attack. It's not just their armour that lags behind other classes in the end-game; their end-game weapon isn't great either.
---
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
#16terran3999999Posted 1/17/2013 7:23:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17evillockePosted 2/1/2013 10:00:36 PM
raining2009 posted...
LBoksha posted...
Yes, the ranger really is that bad. For some stupid reason, they never get more than early mid-game armor on top of their already poor vitality and mind stats, they constantly need to be fed arrows, their only skill barely improves their damage and quadruples their ammo usage, and even their back-row damage falls behind thieves in the end.

Ranger is extremely powerful (Lol, what?), they don't need armor because you can just put him to back row without affecting its damage.
For all other jobs, if you place them in front row, they deal normal damage and take normal damage.
If place to back row, they deal HALF damage and take HALF damage.
But for ranger, put them to back row, they deal FULL damage but only take HALF damage.
If ranger can wear best armor, then this job will be extremely unbalanced, best damage among all jobs (higher damage than onion knight), also has the best defense. This class will be broken and be god like if they can wear best armor.

Ummmm...... what? Lost you at "Ranger EXTREMELY POWERFUL
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.