Is this rated M for language and violence only, are are there real horror parts?

#1ZinayzenPosted 10/9/2008 6:01:23 PM
Is it scary as crap, or just really foul is basically my question.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Captain_Obvious
#2Zinayzen(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2008 6:13:10 PM
That one question is the only thing stopping me from buying that as soon as physically possible.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Captain_Obvious
#3SplifPosted 10/9/2008 7:35:21 PM
Violence and overall general theme. like a lot of blood splatter, some very deformed models and areas, like fort frolic, that are more disturbing then violent.

a few f-bombs here or there but not used gratuitously.
---
There is no settling down! This is blood for blood and by the gallons. This is the old days, the bad days, the all or nothing days. They're back!
#4INfusionPosted 10/9/2008 7:46:20 PM
I find this game a lot more disturbing than FEAR or DOOM3.
---
PSN:ray448
GamerTag:RAY448
#5JerbsinatorPosted 10/9/2008 9:43:07 PM
(spoilers) Not too bad but a few parts and enemies are a little disturbing, especially Dr. Steinman. There's one part where he stabs a women multiple times (she is alive while this happens) while screaming nonsense and there are also corpses chained to the walls. Blood is very prevelent and is often splattered on the walls or floor. There's not really any monsters in the game, just the Big Daddies, Little Sisters (these might creep you out if small demented children freak you out), Splicers, and other small enemies (turrets, rocket launchers, etc) so, not so bad there but Spider Splicers might scare you (dudes with hook hands that can kill you very fast). About 3 hours of the game there is a few jump scenes added in, not really scary and the scariness goes down a lot as you go but it gets far more intense and difficult. If you have played F.E.A.R. and beaten the entire thing you can play this easily, it is far less frightening than FEAR. (and fear isnt that bad as it is) Like other poster said, it's more disturbing than anything, but this is a good thing, it adds a lot to the atmosphere and overall feel of Rapture. Amazing game :D
---
Now I can't stay behind, Save me, from wreaking my vengeance upon you, to killing more than I can tell, Burning now I bring you Hell!