anyone use xbox 360 controller?

#1IdekPosted 11/4/2008 10:46:56 PM
I just got this game and see in the options I could use a 360 controller. I would like to try this (I'm more used to console games, and I don't like hunching over a keyboard). I'm just wondering if all 360 controllers will work? Wired? Wireless? Off-brand?
---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
#2X Box KillerPosted 11/5/2008 12:09:27 PM
The cordless controller will work, or at least it should. You'll of course need the receiver for it.

I've been using the corded controller, and so far it's been great. It automatically mapped the buttons and calibrated everything just fine.

---
Now Playing: Star Ocean & Bioshock
R.I.P. America, 1776 - 2008
#3X Box KillerPosted 11/5/2008 12:12:43 PM
As for a third party controller, it probably won't work since you need to install a driver. The X-Box 360 accessories driver install most likely won't read the MadCatz or Interact garbage.

---
#4Idek(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2008 6:27:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll look for one tonight or tomorrow.
---
#5X Box KillerPosted 11/5/2008 10:15:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6X Box KillerPosted 11/6/2008 12:34:36 AM
Just a warning about the XBox controller.

It's complete garbage for fighting games like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter because either control pad just won't cut it for the face paced action of a game like that. :(

---
#7Dante200XPosted 11/9/2008 9:00:19 AM

It's complete garbage for first person shooter games

Fixed.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod
#8Keivz_basicPosted 11/9/2008 4:53:14 PM

Dante200X posted...

It's complete garbage for first person shooter games

Fixed.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod

Lame.

I remember when Halo for the xbox first came out. I was wondering why none of the reviewers made reference to how ridiculous it must be to use a controller to play the game. Then I played my first FPS with a controller. Admittedly, I struggled at first. Now, I prefer it. I played through all of halo, bioshcok, & crysis with a controller and enjoyed them more so than if I had to use a keyboard/mouse. The kb/m setup is isn't ergonomic enough, and is cumbersome in comparison (it wasn't designed for gaming afterall).

But that's my opinion; to each his own.

#9Idek(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2008 9:57:10 PM
I definitely prefer a game controller. Mostly it's probably a matter of what I'm used to. But it's also partially due to the fact I use the mouse with my left hand and it takes forever to re-map all the keyboard controls to the right hand. Also, I'd rather play games in a comfortable relaxed position than have to hunch over a keyboard the entire time. Also, the trigger button of a controller can better simulate the actual firing of a gun than clicking a mouse button can.
---
#10X Box KillerPosted 11/12/2008 5:18:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but using a mouse/keyboard for a game for the most part is about as stimulating as surfing random websites. It's just not natural.

The only time I prefer a mouse/kb set-up is when I'm playing Vice City. But even then, when I jump into a car I take over using the gamepad. I'm strange, I know.

---