The ultimate materia combo... i miss it:)

#1KrayzIvanTheMadPosted 2/16/2008 10:20:10 PM
i remember back in ff7 i had the best materia combo in game.. it did almost HALF A MILLION damage in a single hit. Took me forever but it was fun. I had 48 mastered counter attack materia on my 3 chars who had their best weapons and 255 att, 255 str, and when emerald weapon did his physical attack that hit all 3 chars.. they counter attacked for about half a million damage.. lots of fun LOL!. this game allowed so much freedom, i hope crisis core is similar.
#2Orson1984Posted 2/17/2008 10:18:18 AM
It would of been easier if you just walked in the battle with one person with counter attack +mime.
have 2 people with limit breaks. Have the first use its limit break then the second mime it .
Its ALOT faster if you use barrets fast lvl 3 machine gun limit.
There is a video one you tube of watching cloud Kill emerald weapon in 5+ minutes.
Another video with barret killing it in 1:30+

And no this game will not be as free as FF7 because if you remember correctly in the train ride to clouds Home city. Zack( or most people remember it has cloud but it was Zack because cloud thought he was Zack) told seperoth Shinra hasn't given him any cool Materia. Wich his first one was a counter attack.

So there is not going to be all the PIMP *** materia in this game.
It all will be by chance of the DMW aka Slot machines
---
Everytime I see a Viera I keep thinking some redneck Hume banged a moogle.
#3vagrant1223Posted 2/17/2008 11:35:39 AM

It honestly sounds like you haven't played the game and have no clue what you're talking about.

To the OP: There's tons of overpowered materia in the game you can get through side-game "Missions" as well as making or improving matereria of your own through "Materia Fusion". Don't worry about it; Fusion leaves you pathetically overpowered materia combos to hold in your hands.
---
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are? [ - T.S. Elliot]
#4Darksun45230Posted 2/17/2008 12:02:01 PM
From vagrant1223

It honestly sounds like you haven't played the game and have no clue what you're talking about.

To the OP: There's tons of overpowered materia in the game you can get through side-game "Missions" as well as making or improving matereria of your own through "Materia Fusion". Don't worry about it; Fusion leaves you pathetically overpowered materia combos to hold in your hands.

What I don't like is that there is no real threat to test yourself against. FFVII had Ruby and Emerald Weapon while this game only has Minerva, and from what I hear she's not as tough as them. I hope Hard mode is going to be released in the US. I would be grateful if enemies matched your level as you progressed...(of course that would throw out any challenge with the Curse Ring...) oh well.
---
,;;Handz & Roaz;;, The eternal ego's.
Gathering Hall Aristocrat Shakalaka of Strife
#5vagrant1223Posted 2/17/2008 1:27:47 PM
What I don't like is that there is no real threat to test yourself against. FFVII had Ruby and Emerald Weapon while this game only has Minerva, and from what I hear she's not as tough as them. I hope Hard mode is going to be released in the US. I would be grateful if enemies matched your level as you progressed...(of course that would throw out any challenge with the Curse Ring...) oh well.

Oh, I completely agree. And I seriously hope Hard Mode is actually... well, hard.

Materia Fusion is a neat idea, but it's too powerful and breaks the main game if you know how to abuse it. It breaks the system the same way Holy War/Hero items and limits break FF8. Sure, it's cool to be omni-powerful; but I still want a challenge. Let's at least hope the NA & PAL versions add something harder than Minerva.

Godly power works well in table top (i.e. Exalted, 2nd Edition), but it's very hard to translate well into video games. :(
---
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are? [ - T.S. Elliot]
#6WingGundamZeroPosted 2/19/2008 4:40:06 AM
What I don't like is that there is no real threat to test yourself against. FFVII had Ruby and Emerald Weapon while this game only has Minerva, and from what I hear she's not as tough as them.

It was only difficult to beat Emerald or Ruby if you didn't know what you were doing. Likewise, with Minerva - if you don't know what you're doing you'll never make it to that mission i.e. having 999% HP, max stats, etc. Minerva still actually required concentration - wheras lets be honest; Emerald and Ruby are a complete walkover if properly prepared. You can beat them with W-Item and Mime FFS (I'm thinking of the use of an elixir then a Stardust). You'd only ever have to input the command once then leave your house and come back when it's done.

These kind of strategic fights will always have a winning strategy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ro-NzZfXIs
IT'S A GUNDAM!! *dies*
#7ThatOneGuyStevePosted 2/19/2008 6:17:14 AM
Yeah.. there's really no ultimate materia in CC.. there's a few staple materia like Sacrifice Punch, but no uber ultimate perfect materia combo.
---
If murder were legal, I'd play the genocide game.
Owned Systems: Crisis Core PSP; 250GB PS3(originally 60GB); Nin DS; Modded PS2.
#8KrayzIvanTheMad(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2008 11:13:00 PM
Mime didnt work with counter attack.. so yet again.. just proves he doesnt know the game...
#9vagrant1223Posted 2/21/2008 12:06:38 AM
Mime didnt work with counter attack.. so yet again.. just proves he doesnt know the game...

Um. They're refering to the Blue, linkable, "Counter" materia found in the Northern Cave. The blue Counter materia can be linked with command abilities (like Mime) as well as magic and summons.

And yes, Counter + Mime is broken.
---